The Pencil Test

Options
Someone told me long long ago that a woman should never even consider going without a bra unless she could pass the pencil test - meaning if you can use the underside of your breast to hold a pencil, you need a bra.

More than any number on the scale or single-digit clothing size, my biggest weight loss goal is for my lower belly to pass the pencil test. I HATE HATE HATE that saggy nasty overhang more than anything else on my body (and I have braces right now which I also hate A LOT). I've never said this out loud to anyone before because admitting to having a belly 'flap' seems like revealing something truly deviant. I'd rather tell strangers about my sex life than have them see or even know about my secret shame.

But now it's out there in the open and I feel a bit like an alcoholic at my first meeting. I've admitted my weakness and exposed my shame, now maybe I'll be even stronger in my resolve to fix it.

Replies

• FTIM2015
    FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    baby pouch! I'm constantly being blamed for moms... has NOTHING to do with all the junk that she eats...
  • tiffbarnett
    Options
    Too funny and too true! Thanks for sharing! :laugh:
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Belly pencil test, what a great feeling it would be if i did'nt have that overhang!

I have to admit that my belly is my worst part of my body, if it was flatter i would'nt worry so much about the other body parts.
    Good luck with your weightloss i'm sure you'll passing the test before you know it x
  • Fraileya19
    Fraileya19 Posts: 42
    Options
    I have the same thing and I've named mine.... my second a$$crack. It has a line in the middle so it looks like it could be a butt if I were to gain more weight. My goal is to lose that thing, I can's stand it either! In the meantime, while we bust our butts to lose it... let us learn to love ourselves as well.
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I used to have one of those too - it's awful and you're right I absolutely hated it! It disappeared around the low 190s on me and now I just have a bit of a bulge - one of the best things that happened in the first part of weight loss!
  • Peridotite
    Peridotite Posts: 66
    Options
    baby pouch! I'm constantly being blamed for moms... has NOTHING to do with all the junk that she eats...

OMG!...I just about dies laughing when I saw what you had written under you ticker:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    i would assume you mean more than from just having babies. mine is from being ridiculously fat. i know the shame....right there with you on that. i hope to lose mine too!
  • chattychick
    chattychick Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm currently in the high 180's (at 5'8) and have one too. Here's hoping I lose that dang blasted thing!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I have one of those. I have noticed that it is slowly changing though. In the meantime my trick is to control it with shapewear.