R u there skinny friend from KRF???

Options
I met a super inspiring girl yesterday working at kingbrichards fair - she lost a hundred lbs using this app!! Gave me her info but I lost it!!! If ur out there, friend me!!

Replies

• karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Ohhhh i hope you find her but just in case it helps.

Bump! #WherAreYouKingbrichardsGirl? :#
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you cuz I don't Instagram! This app is the closest thing I do to social media!! Lol
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Bump so more people see this and hopefully you find your friend
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You could try missed connections on craigslist too.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Was it a cast member or a random visitor? I have friends who work at that faire...
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Was it a cast member or a random visitor? I have friends who work at that faire...

She worked there. At the booth towards the front selling tails n ears. Thank you for your reply!!!!
  • autumnblade75
    Options

She worked there. At the booth towards the front selling tails n ears. Thank you for your reply!!!!

I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the info.

• elizabethymartin
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    You're welcome. It's likely to be tomorrow - they're all working today.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    God bless them. I can only do that place for one day, once a year, for the sake of my totally adorkable daughter. Place is so busy and sooooo expensive! We always have fun tho. Thanks again for ur help.
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    I miss it. I'm in Illinois, now - the Faire here is larger, geographically, and feels similar, but the stage shows are just different enough that it doesn't feel like "home." I gather that the prices have gone up significantly this year. That's not something I miss about KRF. And the food ticket system. I don't miss that, either. My ex was an apprentice cast member (unpaid) for several years and used to insist that I attend not only every day of Faire, but also, the rehearsals several weekends prior to. I like to go more than once a season, but I totally understand that there is such a thing as too much.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    Seven weeks?!? Unpaid apprentice?!? Good lord! Was he the king or something! How dare they not pay ppl! It cost us 75 dollars for mysf, my bf and daughter to walk thru the door. Then it's basically a shopping center in my daughters eyes. And I wish if u paid for games and won, there were prizes better than a piece of paper and hear ye hear ye, thoust can throw an ax!! Lol. It cost my daughter four dollars to ride a 30 second ride so that price went up. And beers are now 10 bucks. We could never afford to go more than once a year!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Bump to keep thread active so she can find her friend !
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    Seven weeks?!? Unpaid apprentice?!? Good lord! Was he the king or something! How dare they not pay ppl! It cost us 75 dollars for mysf, my bf and daughter to walk thru the door. Then it's basically a shopping center in my daughters eyes. And I wish if u paid for games and won, there were prizes better than a piece of paper and hear ye hear ye, thoust can throw an ax!! Lol. It cost my daughter four dollars to ride a 30 second ride so that price went up. And beers are now 10 bucks. We could never afford to go more than once a year!

More like 12 weeks - remember rehearsals. I believe the King and most of the court are paid actors. We were pirates. I'm pretty sure the lure to be an apprentice is the free admission - then they work you like slaves... workers also get 50% discount on food tickets (nope, they don't even get fed for free) but they draw a line through them with a black marker so that they can't buy beer with discounted tix. The last time I was there, beer was 11 tickets ($6.50) and the owner of the Faire was cracking down on the bartenders keeping free candy at their bars. If people could snack for free, they wouldn't buy as many food tickets (in lots of $5, non-refundable - good luck using those last few - buy another lot of $5 to make the math work! Bwahahahaha!!! [actually, a lot of people hand them off to performers or at least costumed visitors, who are likely to return the next weekend and have a use for them, which is nice, but that means they gave away an extra dollar or 2...]) It's always been a cash cow.

No luck on my Facebook post, yet. I hope we can get you in touch.
  • elizabethymartin
    Options
    That's how that man can afford tondo nothing else w/ that space the rest of the year!
    Thank you!!
  • KeepGoinGirl
    KeepGoinGirl Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    That's how that man can afford tondo nothing else w/ that space the rest of the year!
    Thank you!!

Man? Isn't it still Bonnie Shapiro's show?

• elizabethymartin
    Options
    We'll that was sexist of me. I just assumed it was a man that owned that property.
  • autumnblade75
    Options
    Well, she could have sold it. I haven't been there since 2007. And it turns out that my friends aren't as helpful as I'd have hoped. I hope you still manage to get in touch with your new friend, but I don't think I'm going to be instrumental in that. Very sorry.