2 week no sugar

Options
Nov-26 2:44 PM
Post #1

Did you overdose on pie over Thanksgiving? You may be feeling the effects now of all that extra sugar. For the next two weeks, let's focus on cutting back on our sugar intake and getting back on track. Try these 8 tips to limit your sugar.

1. Avoid processed and packaged foods-- they're filled with extra sugar. Especially salad dressings, pasta sauces, and even canned soups.

2. Be careful of your cereal box. Most breakfast cereals are loaded with sugar. Be sure to read labels at the supermarket and pick the cereals with the lowest sugar content.

3. Skip the sugar in your coffee. Avoid those super sweet frappuccino drinks and avoid adding extra sugar if you can.

4. Replace your sugar with fruit. It's a natural source of sweet!

5. Chew on sugarless gum when you're having a sweet craving. It will help you get through it!

6. Remove the candy jar from your home or desk at work.

7. Use applesauce instead of sugar when baking

8. Eliminate all soda and drink flavored seltzer instead!

How are you cutting down on sugar? Post here!

Learn more about sugar at this link: http://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-and-nutrition-pictures/surprising-secrets-of-sugar.aspx#/slide-1
This was from calorie counter so credit to them.

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    ¿Qué?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I like my sugar, I don't want to cut it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Oh here we go :(
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I limit sugar by limiting my calories. If something fits in my calories, it fits, end of story!
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    What happens on day 15?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    n5c8vwmmzlgo.jpeg

What happens on day 15?

• GrammyM
    GrammyM Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to limit my sucrose to see how it influences the wild swings in my blood glucose readings. Just changed my diabetes med and would really like it to work.

Many people try to limit added sugar for health reasons. This thread is probably targeted to those that are already trying or want to try to limit sugar, not to attempt to convert those who don't.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    #4 says to replace your sugar with ... sugar (that is what makes fruit "sweet").

The post is obviously a cut and paste from another forum. Look at the first few lines ... a date, post number, and partial screen name.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Cause sugar makes us fat, NOT the excess calories.

Op I got to 300 lbs and the added sugar in my old diet was non existent.

So no, I do not agree at all with your post.

Sugar is not evil >:)
  • SuzieRed78
    SuzieRed78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have just started on here. My goal is to loose a stone or 14lbs. I have been really good and only been eating healthy foods. I am usually under my calorie limit by about 300 each day. But I'm struggling with my sugar intake. It's usually over by about 12. I've been eating lots of fruit but I must be going wrong somewhere. Any tips?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I cut out added sugar a couple of times. I don't see why people make it into something complicated or that requires a program to follow. Especially with MFP it's pretty easy.

I don't eat much packaged stuff, though, and that I do generally doesn't have sugar, so for me cutting out added sugar means mostly not eating sweets. (I decided for myself that the minimal amount of sugar in smoked salmon did not count, so that was my exception.)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    SuzieRed78 wrote: »
    I have just started on here. My goal is to loose a stone or 14lbs. I have been really good and only been eating healthy foods. I am usually under my calorie limit by about 300 each day. But I'm struggling with my sugar intake. It's usually over by about 12. I've been eating lots of fruit but I must be going wrong somewhere. Any tips?

If you are eating lots of fruit and have a low calorie limit, the fruit could be putting you over (and I personally wouldn't worry about it if you are getting enough protein and fat -- the calories being way under is more concerning).

Can you look at your log and see where the sugar is coming from and then decide if you think the foods in question should be reduced?