Question?

Can someone please tell me what a cheat day is. I've seen lots of people say this but have no idea what it is.

Replies

• NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    One of those things that have various meanings; for some it means eating at maintenance for a day, for some it means not calorie counting at all, for some it means allowing yourself to eat things that you have otherwise cut out of your 'diet'....all depends on your everyday routine as to what you define as a cheat day being.
  • fozdawn
    fozdawn Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks, that makes more sense now.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    fozdawn wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what a cheat day is. I've seen lots of people say this but have no idea what it is.

Pretend you didn't hear it, it's a horrible word for someone looking to go over on a day. Instead of just eating, logging and moving on, people want to justify it.
  • Werk2Eat
    Werk2Eat Posts: 114 Member
    fozdawn wrote: »

cheat day is just another term for a splurge day. In reality its a day where you can eat back some or all of the calories you did not eat that week. Some people claim that it can help give your metabolism a "jump start" when your weight loss seems to slow or stand still.

I personally like the idea but i dont eat back some extra exercise calories so i can use them one day a week. In a sense i have a "cheat day" but still keep a average deficit every week.

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Eating whatever you want.
  • When people mentally categorize foods as "good" or "bad" they use their "cheat" day or meal to eat those things they like, but, have decided are bad. Usually, people on highly restrictive diets do this.

Personally, I think this helps perpetuate people's bad relationship with food. I, for one, chose to eat consciously, if I truly want it, I make a decision to eat it. If I go over on calories, I go over, oh well, it's not a big deal.