Green Tea Success Stories

Options
Hello,

I'm thinking of incorporating Green Tea into my regiment and looking for advice on who has taken it, which kind was taken and how successful you were.

My apologies if this topic has already been posted in the past.

Cheers
Andrea

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Green tea does nothing for weight loss.

Weight loss always boils down to calories in < calories out.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    You mean, just drinking green tea? I drink a cup or two at work every day. No idea if it helps, but it doesn't hurt and I like the taste.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    it's tasty but that's it. Calories in vs. calories out
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It won't melt fat or any other woo hoo you have heard. I drink it mixed with berries as it tastes nice and has very few calories. Don't waste money thinking it will do anything special for you.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Green tea is a wonderful alternative beverage to water if you like the taste. That is about all it has done for my weight loss journey.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    it's tasty but that's it. Calories in vs. calories out

This
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I have it in my lunch protein smoothies but only because it makes a more tasty mixer over plain water and has no calories.

Other than that, it's fruitless to believe it will do anything special to cause weight loss.
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Agree with all above - I just have it as an alternative to tea and coffee as it has little calories. Twinings do a new salted caramel flavour green tea which is delicious and only 2 calories a cup! :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Green tea does nothing for weight loss.

Weight loss always boils down to calories in < calories out.

This !
    CICO for weight loss
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Green tea helps me create a calorie deficit when I regularly substitute it for the higher calorie hot chocolate.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I find it helps greatly with hangovers. No really! That or Irn-Bru but green tea doesn't have the calorie hit.

It does not do anything to aid weight loss though.
  • dannibefit
    dannibefit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Doesn't green tea also boost your metabolism?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    dannibefit wrote: »
    Doesn't green tea also boost your metabolism?

No.

That's a marketing gimmick to make you buy into it.

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I'm laid up with a head-cold-turning-into-a-chest-cold and drinking lots of green tea. The steam helps loosen up the crud and it feels nice going down. If it gets me back to the gym faster, it could help me lose weight.
  • Patriciaenola
    Patriciaenola Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is worth remembering also that Green Tea (and black too) has a similar amount of caffeine in it as may be found in coffee!! For Isaack's comment - the effect is similar to coffee and it equally boosts your mood - not metabolism - but marketing ploys are so transparent I doubt if they fool any of US
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    It is worth remembering also that Green Tea (and black too) has a similar amount of caffeine in it as may be found in coffee!! For Isaack's comment - the effect is similar to coffee and it equally boosts your mood - not metabolism - but marketing ploys are so transparent I doubt if they fool any of US

Black has only half as much and green half of that again.
  • Verivus
    Verivus Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Lately l've been drinking almost a pitcher of green tea a day instead of water. Don't expect it to be a miracle weight loss supplement because it's not. I just like tea.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    parfia wrote: »
    Agree with all above - I just have it as an alternative to tea and coffee as it has little calories. Twinings do a new salted caramel flavour green tea which is delicious and only 2 calories a cup! :)

That sounds good. Is it naturally sweet or do you need to add a sweetener?
  • parfia
    parfia Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    parfia wrote: »

That sounds good. Is it naturally sweet or do you need to add a sweetener?

It is quite sweet - it definitely tastes better than your standard green tea and smells delicious. I like it when I have a craving for something sweet :)