Lose 20 pounds in 3 months?

Options
Hello, I'm 18 years old and would love to lose 20 pounds before graduation. I'm 170 lbs and I'm 5'6. Obviously I'm overweight and I just hate it! I was a juice junkie and drunk so much juice but I'm drinking NO juice at all now. I would just like some help on starting a diet and excercise plan. I'm a complete noob to this. Thank you!

Replies

• bethanyka
    bethanyka Posts: 159 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Use this app! Get your calorie goal set and stay at it. Log everything you eat and take notes about what works best for you and how you feel. don't give up anything. Eat when you're hungry. Do some kind of exercise that you enjoy, even if it's walking outside, it's free and easy to do. Don't get hung up on fads, or anything too complicated, keep it simple and just consistently eat at the calories this app sets- thats a deficit which is needed to lose. 20 lbs in 3 months is doable, 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. It doesn't happen overnight, just be patient!
  • ToshianaW
    ToshianaW Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    bethanyka wrote: »
    Use this app! Get your calorie goal set and stay at it. Log everything you eat and take notes about what works best for you and how you feel. don't give up anything. Eat when you're hungry. Do some kind of exercise that you enjoy, even if it's just walking, it's a start. Don't get hung up on fads, or anything too complicated, keep it simple and just consistently eat at the calories this app sets- thats a deficit which is needed to lose. 20 lbs in 3 months is doable, 1-2 pounds a week is healthy. It doesn't happen overnight, just be patient!

Thank you! ☺️☺️
  • bethanyka
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :)
  • bethanyka
    edited September 2015
    Options
    :)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello ! First step, get yourself a food scale. Walmart has them @12$ . it helps to be as accurate as possible. Then you can see exactly how much your consuming and cut back from there.

You don't have a lot to lose at all , so please don't over do it. Eat at a reasonable yet responsible deficit . since your already closer to goal weight and young , a small deficit will be fine. Be safe and responsible.

Best of luck to you !
  • ToshianaW
    ToshianaW Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Hello ! First step, get yourself a food scale. Walmart has them @12$ . it helps to be as accurate as possible. Then you can see exactly how much your consuming and cut back from there.

You don't have a lot to lose at all , so please don't over do it. Eat at a reasonable yet responsible deficit . since your already closer to goal weight and young , a small deficit will be fine. Be safe and responsible.

Best of luck to you !

Thank you!

• bethanyka
    Options
    Yes, agree on food scale. When new to tracking cals, you might be surprised about what estimates vs. actual looks like. :) It can be a real eye-opener !
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Absolutely possible, with commitment and hard work. You will lose an initial 3-8 pounds in water, then that gives you 13 weeks at a pound a week. Go get it!