Not a good calorie day

Ok today like everyday I kept a record of what I have eaten and I went over on my calories by 210. That really depresses me.:frown: Not enough to give up thank God! But still that makes me upset. I worked 12 hours today like I always do at my job and I have 2 more 12 hour days to go. I don't usually get in any or much exercise when I work because I do a lot of walking, moving and heavy lifting all day long. Yea I guess that is my excuse. I have stayed the same weight for 3 days now with no budging. But this whole week I have actually been below on my calories, some days more than others but below them anyway. I just want to cry :sad: because I have worked so hard on this lifestyle change this time. I haven't even had a soft drink in over a week, nothing but water and my coffee. This really bothers me and I just wanted to vent to someone. Thanks for listening my friends!

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Ok today like everyday I kept a record of what I have eaten and I went over on my calories by 210. That really depresses me.:frown: Not enough to give up thank God! But still that makes me upset. I worked 12 hours today like I always do at my job and I have 2 more 12 hour days to go. I don't usually get in any or much exercise when I work because I do a lot of walking, moving and heavy lifting all day long. Yea I guess that is my excuse. I have stayed the same weight for 3 days now with no budging. But this whole week I have actually been below on my calories, some days more than others but below them anyway. I just want to cry :sad: because I have worked so hard on this lifestyle change this time. I haven't even had a soft drink in over a week, nothing but water and my coffee. This really bothers me and I just wanted to vent to someone. Thanks for listening my friends!
  • roshong06
    roshong06 Posts: 196
    I hear you with the 12 hour days...my husband works nights, so when I get off my 12 hour shift, I have to pick up the kids, do homework, cook dinner, give baths, dress in jammies, clean up after dinner, and still try to find time to get in a decent work out.
    Don't stress out about going over your calories for one day...And you said you stayed the same weight this week...at least you didn't gain right? You can do it, this is not a set back, just a speed bump...Pick up where you left off tomorrow and don't beat yourself up about it...
    Good Luck girl...you can do it!!!
  • I am brand new hear and just a left a post about my own bad calorie day but I just want to say:

Yeah on the 5 lbs you have lost! and good job on the no soft drinks, I too have cut them out and when I did my cravings for other sweets skyrocketed. Ugh!

Tommorow is a new day,

Kelly
  • You are not alone. I have been staying at the same weight for a few weeks, exercising , but hoping that tracking my calories so closely will help. What I've learned....don't beat yourself up. Focus on tomorrow....today is about to be your past::)
  • Ok today like everyday I kept a record of what I have eaten and I went over on my calories by 210. That really depresses me.:frown: Not enough to give up thank God! But still that makes me upset. I worked 12 hours today like I always do at my job and I have 2 more 12 hour days to go. I don't usually get in any or much exercise when I work because I do a lot of walking, moving and heavy lifting all day long. Yea I guess that is my excuse. I have stayed the same weight for 3 days now with no budging. But this whole week I have actually been below on my calories, some days more than others but below them anyway. I just want to cry :sad: because I have worked so hard on this lifestyle change this time. I haven't even had a soft drink in over a week, nothing but water and my coffee. This really bothers me and I just wanted to vent to someone. Thanks for listening my friends!
    Is this why you've been MIA in our team post?
    You work hard! I'm sure there are calories there from work that you can't calculate. So you probably broke even. Just like we can't calculate our strength training. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've done great so far. You are a wonderful cheerleader for our team. Don't let this get you down. Just because you technically went over on your calories today does not mean you will the next 2 days. Don't think that way. You will do it! You are doing it! You haven't gained any of that 5 pounds back and that says a lot! Giving up your soda is HUGE! Be proud of what you've done and move on. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Is this why you've been MIA in our team post?
    You work hard! I'm sure there are calories there from work that you can't calculate. So you probably broke even. Just like we can't calculate our strength training. Don't be so hard on yourself. You've done great so far. You are a wonderful cheerleader for our team. Don't let this get you down. Just because you technically went over on your calories today does not mean you will the next 2 days. Don't think that way. You will do it! You are doing it! You haven't gained any of that 5 pounds back and that says a lot! Giving up your soda is HUGE! Be proud of what you've done and move on. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Thank you so much! Yes I do work hard and I guess because I a big cheerleader for our team I feel like I have let you guys down. I just went out and got 65 calories off on the elliptical. It was all I could do to get 5 1/2 minutes on it tonight. And now it is about 10:30 pm and 5:30 comes early in the am so I guess I need to be heading to bed. Thanks again!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Try hitting that 'If every day were like today button'. I'm sure you're still under your maintenance calories, so if you ate like today, everyday, you'd probably still see a loss over the 5 weeks. It always helps my mood when I have days like this....just had one today. Went over my 300-some odd calories, but if I did that every day, I'd still see a 2.5lb lose over 5 weeks. :wink:
  • Ok today like everyday I kept a record of what I have eaten and I went over on my calories by 210. That really depresses me.:frown: Not enough to give up thank God! But still that makes me upset. I worked 12 hours today like I always do at my job and I have 2 more 12 hour days to go. I don't usually get in any or much exercise when I work because I do a lot of walking, moving and heavy lifting all day long. Yea I guess that is my excuse. I have stayed the same weight for 3 days now with no budging. But this whole week I have actually been below on my calories, some days more than others but below them anyway. I just want to cry :sad: because I have worked so hard on this lifestyle change this time. I haven't even had a soft drink in over a week, nothing but water and my coffee. This really bothers me and I just wanted to vent to someone. Thanks for listening my friends!

Hey Renae you had a good bad day compared to how much I went over today!!!! :grumble: :grumble: The stress was up:explode: , it was monday:yawn: , I had a headache:sick: and lots more excuses I can think of. Just remember one slip doesn't mean your going to fall through the ice. All you need to do is get back up and start skating again in the morning. :wink: :smile: :happy: Today is just one of many slips I know I will make but I'm sure with all of MFP for inspiration we will stay on the right track this time. you really know how to spread the good vibes around now we're sending them right back at ya!!!
  • Hey Girls and guys,

Everyone is going to have a bad day. Mondays are hard on everyone!!!!! but thats where I get my strength to go to the gym on monday because I know I just had a tough day at work, and it releases all the stress I built up at work. I notice myself smililng more the next day when I had a good workout. I love the feeling of coming out of the gym saying that was a great work out.

Well anyways, the point of this post is to let you all know, its just a day, you always have tomm to give your calorie intake. Dont be worried. and HOnestly, you won't gain weight by having 1 bad day. If you make it a habit maybe. Dont worry, just realize when you wake up in the morning, you can eat a little better, and not worry about it..

keep up the good work :)