Any vegans?

Options

A few months ago I decided to go vegan, & I love it, but it's so hard to keep things interesting & not just keep eating the same foods over & over! One of the good things veganism has done for me is force me to eat more produce, because I've always been super picky about it & would rarely eat veggies, but I'm slowly learning to like more & more.

I'm just wanting to know if anyone has any good vegan recipes that are pretty easy (I'm not really a cook) or good fast food menu items that you like to grab on the go (I'm pretty burnt out on Taco Bell)?

I hate tomatoes btw & almost never eat anything that has tomatoes in it. & ill rarely eat onions.

Replies

• reversetinman
    reversetinman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm not vegan but I often eat vegan food. I'm actually pescatarian. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • Hispanicprincess
    Hispanicprincess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have lots of vegan friends and i went vegan for a couple of months a few years ago and i would try to do my own recipes without adding fake foods.
    I recommend you check out the vegan stoner and pinterest for easy recipes also i would make my own vegan nachos with vegan cauliflower cheese it was a lot of veggies with very little chips look them up on YouTube for more easy healthy recipes.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I eat a vegan diet even though I'm not vegan. I'm really loving it so far. It's been nearly 3 months. I'm also not a good cook and like keeping things simple. For inspiration right now, I'm liking TheVeganCorner YouTube channel. Their recipes are very simple.
  • BlackEyedPanda
    BlackEyedPanda Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegan. Any other vegans/vegetarians/pescatarians or those otherwise interested in veggie foods please feel free to add me here :)
  • Aurijus
    Aurijus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan for 2,5 years now and I'm really glad to see all of you guys here :) regarding food: I always like to keep it simple. I do my shipping once per week for general foods like (lentils, bulgur, beans, couscous, various rice types, various nuts, various seeds) and then twice per week I shop for veggies, fruits, berries and various others things such as comfort foods (soy icecream, yoghurt, meats from plants and such).
  • mollypop93
    mollypop93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips guys! I'll definitely check out the YouTube channel & pintrest for recipes.
    & aurijus I know I should be shopping like that, but it seems like I don't have enough time. I get staples usually once or twice a month (bread, rice, beans, substitutions) & then fruits & veggies as needed.
    I added a few of you, but anyone please feel free to add me!
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've recently gone vegan but i do not find it at all boring. I keep my food diary in a blog on here. Its called Almost vegan becuase i also eat eggs. YOu can friend me to get all my food tips and ideas.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Check out ohsheglows.com - there are so many tasty recipes on there! I usually make a few big batches of a couple of her recipes and then freeze them for lunch and dinner throughout the week.
  • mollypop93
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    I've recently gone vegan but i do not find it at all boring. I keep my food diary in a blog on here. Its called Almost vegan becuase i also eat eggs. YOu can friend me to get all my food tips and ideas.
    Thanks.☺️ it gets hard for me because I don't really like cooking & I've always been really picky about veggies, so I'm still learning what I like.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Have you tried kidney bean burgers? They are yummy! You could leave out the onion if you liked. Google 9p kidney bean burgers if you want the method :)

Ingredients
    1 large carrot
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 handful of coriander, finely chopped
    1 tsp cumin powder
    400g of tinned red kidney beans
    2 tbsp of oil
    2 tbsp of flour
  • mollypop93
    Options
    Have you tried kidney bean burgers? They are yummy! You could leave out the onion if you liked. Google 9p kidney bean burgers if you want the method :)

Ingredients
    1 large carrot
    1 onion, finely chopped
    1 handful of coriander, finely chopped
    1 tsp cumin powder
    400g of tinned red kidney beans
    2 tbsp of oil
    2 tbsp of flour
    Thanks! I've tried lots of different black bean burgers, but never kidney bean burgers. It sounds really good!
  • Aurijus
    Options
    Molly, I also don't like cooking (because it takes up a lot of time) so I always go for simple and easy stuff. Will give you a few suggestions. I personally don't care about soy, gluten and such and always eat it. So here it is:

Breakfast. 130g of oats (as female you could have a 70-100g), some nuts, seeds, razins, few pieces of chocolate (~15-25g) or dates instead of chocolate if you follow your calories. When you think about it, it's just taking a few ingredients, throwing them into af bowl and pouring boiling water on top. Let it soak all the water for 5 minutes and it's prepared. Gives you AA LOT of energy for the whole day. Also you can add some other stuff you like (jam, berries, bananas, etc.).
    OR I like smoothies for breakfast too.
  • Aurijus
    Options
    Lunch? Leave bulgur, rice or lentils boiling for 10-25min depending on the grain (I usually put alarm clock on and go to do whatever I have to do. I'm sometimes lazy to cook so I just leave frozen vegetables in the pan on low heat. I come back after 25min and everything's cooked without me being in the kitchen. Don't forget salt, Peper and whatever spices you like. Can't be easier. Unless you boil beans - they have to be soaked throughout the night if you buy dried ones.
    Also you might add some avocados, cucumber, tomatoes or other veggies together :)
  • Aurijus
    Options
    Snacks in between? I like fruit. Or nuts. Or some energy bar. Or icecream. Yeah, I love icecream (not more than once per week if you're doing active sports with a goal).
  • Aurijus
    Options
    Dinner? Could be pasta with some canned stuff (if you're really lazy). For example canned mushroom, tomatoes and some tomato paste. Some raw veggies on top. You could scramble some bread(we eat only Rye bread in Denmark and Lithuania) and put mushed avocado(curry,salt, peper) on top with some tomatoes. Tastes damn great.

Hope this helps! Oh and the last thing. Make 2-3 times more food than you would eat. You will have food for the next day or if you're not bored of it: eat it twice. ;)
  • RocksFlower
    RocksFlower Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan/vegetarian for over 2 years and I love Happy Herbivore and veganonabudget.com
  • healthydanni
    healthydanni Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am vegan, although I am human and accidentally consume hidden eggs and dairy on occasion, I use Yummly app for recipes and amazon for cook books to keep things interesting;)
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I am vegan. You can get almost anything you want in vegan form if you look around. I don't find it boring at all. I am an expert on vegan junk food, lol.

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I am really interested. For those of you who decide to go vegan, do you get rid of all of your silk, leather, and wool clothing and accessories, or do you just never buy any more?
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I am really interested. For those of you who decide to go vegan, do you get rid of all of your silk, leather, and wool clothing and accessories, or do you just never buy any more?

I have a vegan friend, and she didn't throw her things away, she just didn't buy any more. Throwing away good clothing/whatever and buying more (even synthetic) damages the environment - more than waiting until the item is outgrown/irreparable/has holes/faded/whatever before you buy synthetic versions.