A new and FREE summer wardrobe!

Options
leftymac
leftymac Posts: 169 Member
I woke up today and said to myself, "I'm feeling cocky. It's time to go through those two bins of 'skinny clothes' that I put up in the closet and see what I can get myself into now.

First item: A pair of awesome cargo pants that I bought at the beginning of last school year at an awesome price. They were too snug, but such a deal that I figured, "I'll lose some weight and can fit into them." Guess I missed that window of opportunity because now they are too big!

Second item: My favorite t-shirt ever that I bought back in 2000 (yes, I still have it and it's in great shape) in Quebec when I took students on a trip. It says, «La vie est simple: Manger. Dormir. Parler français» (Life is simple: Eat. Sleep. Speak French). I haven't been able to wear it in years. It fits! I can't wait to wear it to school to show my students how much of a dork I am. As if they needed MORE proof.

Overall, 5 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 pairs of shorts, 4 polos, and 4 t-shirts have been added to my summer wardrobe from those bins! There were several items that will be donated because they are too big.

I'm thrilled with this, especially as I was needing some new clothes for the summer AND because it's so hard to notice a difference on yourself, even with 55 lbs lost.

But as thrilled as I am to fit into these clothes, I'll be even more thrilled when they're too big also!

Replies

• Qiana_G
    Qiana_G Posts: 1
    Options
    That is so awesome and inspirational! I call it shopping in my closet...that's so great to hear!
  • Hopie17
    Hopie17 Posts: 53
    Options
    so jealous!! :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yah for the skinny bin - I survived the first 8 months of my weightloss by getting stuff out of the bin - now sadly there is only one pair of very skinny jeans left ( been waiting in the bin 22 years)
  • decruisers
    decruisers Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that others save those bins of clothes "that one day I will fit in again". Sometimes my husband thinks I am crazy, as some of them are 5 years old, but the style is pretty generic and will look good any year...ONCE I FIT in them again...my hope is to fit in the bathing suit I bought 3 years ago at a STEAL and could not bring myself to get rid of when it was too small, so into the bin it went. Hope to pull it out of the bin in time for vacation this fall......:blushing:
  • mamaredhead
    mamaredhead Posts: 112
    Options
    ... hahaha!
    That is really cool! :-)

I have ONE pair of jeans and ONE skirt (well, maybe I should take a closer look ...) that I would so love to be able to wear again. The rest has already gone the way all things have to go ...

But ... I'll be back!

And you just go out and enjoy!!! :-)
  • MsKittyCAT
    MsKittyCAT Posts: 217
    Options
    Awesome post! Congratulations! I have a bin of "skinny clothes" in the basement but I'm not ready to attempt it yet since I know I haven't dropped enough sizes. I will be happy if I can fit into them next summer, or have to donate them and get cute new skinny stuff :)
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    What a great thing to happen, and I did laugh at your cargo pants!
    Thanks for posting, things like this are so inspirational. :)

Coincidentally, a couple of days ago, I dug out a gorgeous summer frock that I'd bought for next to nothing in the sales a few years ago, even though it was a size too small, and immediately regretted buying it because I figured I'd never be able to wear it. It zipped up easily!
  • ItsMeMaryW
    ItsMeMaryW Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome! I was able to do the same thing and had clothes I had bought but could never wear because they were to small. Most still had the tags on them. I too had some that I missed the chance to wear them because they were to big when I remembered I had them. I have lost so much now that I am out of waiting clothes and now have to buy new. Getting very expensive but so worth all this work! :happy:
  • sculptandtone
    sculptandtone Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Felicitations Keith! Je suis sur que vous rencontrerez votre objectif!
  • leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Felicitations Keith! Je suis sur que vous rencontrerez votre objectif!

Merci bien!

And a big merci to everyone else for your words of encouragement!
  • Wayne224
    Wayne224 Posts: 33
    Options
    That's so sweet! Good for you - what a reward for your hard work!
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Keith! I have a couple of items I'm waiting to get into myself. Mostly shirts. But one of the first were a pair of slacks that were 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing when I started. I can get into them with ease now. :) Always nice to be able to have "new" clothes for free.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is a great feeling! I had my bin too...my bin was full of work clothes....I still had to shop for summer play clothes. I will have to shop for winter clothes too this year...because I could not put anything away since my clothes have become too big!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    How cool is that???

I did that On Friday. I got 3 pair of jeans that someone gave me and were always too small, they all fit!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!