Best time to weigh.

Options
When is best time to track your weight? Last night at 2:00 am just before going to bed (6 hours after my last meal) I weighed 209.4 pm, This morning at 1:00 pm when I woke up I weighed 203.7.

Same question for tracking Blood Pressure and Glucose.

Replies

• Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Generally, I find it's best to weigh yourself in the morning after waking up. If you consistently weigh yourself at the same time say every week or so, then your weight won't fluctuate as much. Like you said there, your weight changed 5.7lbs in one night.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in the mornings after I pee, but before I eat. Lots of people weigh throughout the day. The key is to do it consistently and realize there are natural fluctuations in weight throughout the day. You're not looking at a single number, but an overall trend. BP I do upon waking, but before I get out of bed. BG I do before I eat anything AM and 45 minutes after lunch. Again, consistently to establish a baseline and trend.
  • EdwardMH2
    EdwardMH2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I am trying to get back into my Juicing/smoothie diet, playing pickleball and swim to loose weight and lower my cholesterol. I have been borderline Diabetic and Hypertension for a very long time but I fear if I do not fix it soon my VA Doctor will force me to start taking meds. My last Triglycerides were 483 Last Glucose was 141 so hoping to get a handle on this IF I can keep motivated.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    See if you can get a referral to a dietitian. Many times, the smallest tweak to your diet can put you on the right path.

Not that you asked, but personally, I'm not a fan of the juicing diet. You lose the fiber in the fruit, but still get the calories. But if it works for you and you're losing because you're logging accurately, well alright then.

Death is a pretty big motivation.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Morning, naked, after the toilet.
  • SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    As soon as you wake up after emptying yourself.
  • owensy12
    owensy12 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In the morning after visiting the toilet, and before breakfast.
  • EdwardMH2
    EdwardMH2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have not used the Juicer in some time have a nutribullet now so more smoothies than juicing, also bought a Nutri Ninja for larger drinks but not used it yet. I felt the juicer was robbing me of important fiber that is why the Nutribullet was bought. Can you use juicing recipies with a nutribullet?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    BP should be taken when u have not active for 1/2 hour. Glucose in morn before eating and whenever else doc tells u.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I find, for some reason, if I weigh myself when I first wake up, then 10-15 mins later after walking around and waking up a bit, the second weight is a tad but lighter. Like, 2-4 oz but they matter to me!! After that it's all uphill. I never weigh myself at night. Causes me to go to bed angry lol
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself on a Friday morning as soon as I wake up :]
  • feefeemac3133
    feefeemac3133 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I find, for some reason, if I weigh myself when I first wake up, then 10-15 mins later after walking around and waking up a bit, the second weight is a tad but lighter. Like, 2-4 oz but they matter to me!! After that it's all uphill. I never weigh myself at night. Causes me to go to bed angry lol

Same for me too!

• Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Glad someone else said it (is doing it) - because for a while I felt a little weird (self-conscious?) about my weigh-in routine :)
  • jsmestflowers
    jsmestflowers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Glad someone else said it (is doing it) - because for a while I felt a little weird (self-conscious?) about my weigh-in routine :)

You were not alone :)
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Once a week. Sunday mornings after getting the papers. Same day of the week, same time of the day, once a week.