This is the hardest thing i think ive ever done

Options
Hi my name is kisses im 35 and im fighting for my life. Ive never really thought my weight was a problem until being put on 3 different medications to control my blood pressure. Im fighting to lose 50 lbs and ive never wanted something so bad but its really hard. With the help of this app and my personal trainer i hope for success. Im not looking to diet to loss fast im looking to tranform to a healthier way of living. I know its gonna b hard and take time but im ready to win

Replies

• atalanta7145
    atalanta7145 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One day at a time (or sometimes one meal at a time), you can do it!
  • kissesluv1
    kissesluv1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank u i will baby step it
  • tmsix
    tmsix Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    One of the things I find useful is breaking the 50lb target down by month so it feels more manageable. If you want to loose a 1lb a week, then it's nearly a whole year until you get there, instead look at 4-5lb per month for the next year. Put the target weight on a calendar and just take one target at a time)

It's all the same but it helps me, I've got 35 weeks to go, started in July so I'm 9 weeks in out of 44. (I'm losing 48lb at 1.1lb per week just doing it in metric :smile: )
  • tfinch35
    tfinch35 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    So much of the battle is your mentality and ur push for a healthier life. I agree it's so difficult and I wish to encourage u in this transformation u desire. It is one moment, one decision, one pound at a time. Don't look at the jumbled pieces of this puzzle for it can be overwhelming. One small piece at a time will eventually transform u into an amazing healthy person! ☺️ You've got this!
  • kissesluv1
    Options
    Thank u so much
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome :]

You have taken some important steps to improve your lifestyle so congratulations. MFP offers so much amazing advice, support and sometimes just a friendly conversation can you keep on track. Remember, fast doesnt equal success - this is a one day at a time process. Break those 50lbs into smaller increments (Example: Aim for X amount of pounds per month), it'll make this a little less daunting for you. You can do this, I promise you that. Best of luck and well done.
  • kissesluv1
    Options
    Thanks
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome.
    Yes it seems rough at first but you'll get the hang of it !
    Heres my advise for someone just starting out - they may or may not apply to you-

Buy a food scale. Don't estimate portions or eyeball portions! This is very very important. Tons of people don't weigh their foods and then wonder why they aren't losing.

Set realistic goals and don't starve yourself, that will end up backfiring Anyway. Don't be too hard on yourself ,nobody is perfect. This isn't going to happen over night, it takes time.

Weight loss comes down to calories in calories out. Its that simple.eat the foods you like in moderation and learn portion control. Don't get caught up in weight loss gimmicks or fads. It always comes down to calories anyway, so don't waste your money on snake oil.

Hope this helps :)

• kissesluv1
    Options
    :) thanks
  • porky2468
    porky2468 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'd also suggest trying to find an exercise / sport that you're really passionate about. My friend got into pole and she loves it so much and has become so lean from doing something that doesn't feel like hard work. I play roller derby, which keeps me fit and I forget that training is a form of exercise! It's also what gets me to exercise outside of training because I want to be the best I can be.

Good luck!!