Things to do with celery?

Options
learningtolove
learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
I got a thing of celery a few days ago on sale.
Buuuut,I dont think i really like celery.
Anything fun one can do with it?

Replies

• Patriciaenola
    Patriciaenola Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you have a blender - use it to make a vegetable smoothie - it blends well with spinach which I do not like - but Heck!! it's good for the health I am new here but now at LAST losing weight - I blend a lot of spinach with a stick or two of celery - a tad of garlic salt dash of lemon and it should be chilled - also tried that with a bit of Tomato Juice - water of course - Worcester Sauce is also nice with it - I believe if you try it in a smoothie you might even get to like Celery hope you have success with this - do let me know - I love to help
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I googled and found this website... hopefully you find something you like!
    http://www.lovecelery.co.uk/recipes/#.VfXpoPlViko
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Celery is great for juicing . But its great for adding flavour to things like beef stew.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    spread some great PB2 (peanut butter you make up from the powder google it) in it, and dot with either dried cranberries, or raisins.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    In a bloody mary :)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    In a bloody mary :)

ooooh drunken veggies....forgot about that.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Put it in the trash.

Sorry couldn't resist. Hate the stuff... move along :p
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Why did you buy it if you don't like it?

The only way I can eat it is "ants-on-a-log" style. Peanut butter and raisins, yum!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    oil and garlic in a small pot with a bit of oil, add container of stock.. veg or chicken stock.. any veg you want, peppers, celery and butternut squash taste the best.. boil it down a bit.. and then add a can of coconut milk, half a lime juice with a bit of lime zest.. and cilantro.. and total yum
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I add it to green salad, tuna or chicken salad, and any soup. It's great for bulking up some meals and it has almost no calories. I don't like to eat it alone, even with pb or dip.
  • madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use celery as part of the base of almost every stew/casserole I make. Onion, celery, carrots sweated together until golden, add garlic, and then everything else (e.g. for vegie bolognese I use lentils, tinned tomatoes, and various vegies). Same for soups (e.g. minestrone).

You don't taste the celelry in that case, it just becomes part of overall flavour impression. It you really don't like it, my mum would always run it through a shredder/food processor before putting it into stews, even less distinct.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Same as above...great in stir-fry, too and in the juicer
  • shirleygra
    shirleygra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    just like frozen spinach, frozen cauliflower, lettuce and cucumbers, you can add it to sweet smoothies and you will only taste the sweetness. ie frozen fruit or a little pure cocoa powder and, if you dont mind sweetners, Truvia or similar.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Throw it in a pot with some onion and bell pepper and cook something cajun. :smiley:
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Throw it in a pot with some onion and bell pepper and cook something cajun. :smiley:

I second this! Shrimp Creole is probably the healthiest of cajun dishes.

You can pickle celery. It is great with buffalo chicken or shrimp and blue cheese.

Always great is soup too.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Create a mixture of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese and pb2 and dip the celery in it. I also like topping it with salsa as a side dish
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Put peanut butter on it, lick peanut butter off, throw away celery.
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Put peanut butter on it, lick peanut butter off, throw away celery.

<3<3<3
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I like Laughing Cow cheese on celery.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Justifier wrote: »
    Why did you buy it if you don't like it?

The only way I can eat it is "ants-on-a-log" style. Peanut butter and raisins, yum!

Variation I've heard: "bugs on stick" - with cream cheese & raisins. Also yum.