Fat Pictures!! :(

Options
OMG! I have not felt so bad about myself in a long dang time!
I was with my husband last night at a local bar supporting our friend who was performing. Our friend took some pictures and they are HORRIBLE!
I've lost 30+ lbs and was feeling pretty awesome about that. Yes, I still have 50+ lbs to go but I'm on my way! These pictures are kicking my butt though! I know 30lbs is nothing to feel bad about and I know I'm just a handful of pounds away from my half-way point so I'm doing really well but this was one heck of a set back....
I think I'm going to have to kick it up a notch...or six LOL
I started by making one of them my Facebook photo...might as well face this head on right??

Anyway..here are the two most offensive photos...ugh :-/

usatspe-1.jpg

usatspe2.jpg

Replies

• tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bet if you put a picture of your self 30 lbs ago next to these you will feel awesome though. Bar pictures are never great anyway. Great job on your success, keep up the hard work!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    you are doing fantastic!!! don't see these picture as a set back but a motivator to keep you on track - you will succeed
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    you are doing fantastic!!! don't see these picture as a set back but a motivator to keep you on track - you will succeed
  • tasoconnor
    tasoconnor Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Bet if you put a picture of your self 30 lbs ago next to these you will feel awesome though. Bar pictures are never great anyway. Great job on your success, keep up the hard work!
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    no way is it a setback!!!! don't look at it that way! just think if you did not lose those 30 pounds?!?! how much more worse it could be. just turn this negative feeling into a positive by looking forward to the future!!! it takes time my dear. don't ever give up this fight you started!! i know exactly how you feel though!!! it gets better. keep your running shoes on, and don't put down those weights. they are your weapons against the fat. good job for making it this far, and just keep kicking *kitten*!!! :-)
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked looked like that on my fat days. You look great!
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    ooooh i hope that didn't sound too offensive!!:embarassed: i apologize if it did. not trying to imply anything.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel the same way when I see pictures of myself, even after my loss so far. For me, it's because I FEEL so much better, and am expecting to LOOK the way I feel. You look great, and happy! That is all you need to focus on. You have lost 32 lbs already so congratulations on that! It is great that you are using the pictures you dislike as motivation but try not to be so hard on yourself, you will reach your goal soon enough!!
  • siusaidh
    siusaidh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling, I have lost 30 pounds have been stuck where i am for the longest time. I still look at pictures and dont like what I see and how I still have so far to go (really only 20 to 30 more pounds but I am very short). Keep these pictures and look back at them when you lose 10, then 20 more pounds and your goal!
  • ladyluck5210
    ladyluck5210 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Even though you don't like it, I'm glad you're using these pics as a motivator! I'm proud! :)