New to the Community

Options
I have been with My Fitness Pal for some time. I am a on again - off again dieter. When I'm doing good and showing signs of losing weight, I walk away with the belief that I can maintain this on my own -NOT

Replies

• christinasa81
    christinasa81 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually do the exact same thing, this time I need to lose more weight then before.
  • keto_dog
    keto_dog Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha! I believe I can do it on my own even when I'm not showing signs of losing weight ... Got the MFP app today and this is more or less the first comment I have ever put on the web. Hoping that by changing it up, I'll finally see it through. Good luck. Maybe we can encourage each other.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    In the past, once i've lost weight - I get a little cocky and believe I'm invincible and now able to eat 10 donuts without gaining weight because "I'm thin now!" *Laughs*! If only!

I've come to accept that tracking and being aware is something I need to keep up for life (especially since I have an enormous appetite)! Some people keep an eye on their drinking, some people keep an eye on their smoking, some keep an eye on their spending - I keep an eye on my eating. And that's fine. Because it keeps me healthy, happy and comfortable. Stick with MFP - it doesn't have to be a chore. You can lose weight and you can keep it off, we'll help you :]
  • 1soulcasual
    1soulcasual Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Appreciate you reaching out. I like your spin on dieting about the importance of keeping an eye on what we eat. Because in the past I have told myself that a donut here and there won't hurt, but it does, it sneaks up on you if your not mindful. Truth be told, I'm tired of this yo-yo dieting, it serves me no benefit. I have got to take this thing serious and stop playing around. Take care and continued success