I Choose to Lose

Options
Hello everyone on MyFitnessPal! I am a fifteen year old girl who has had some eating issues in the past. Now, I want to lose weight the healthy way, by excersizing and eating healthier. I am hoping to drop a few sizes. My main goal is to feel confident with who I am.
I want to lose weight for me not everyone else. I know what I have to do and what my limits are. Everywhere people struggle to see the beauty due to the horrendous image of "perfection" that society has created. People think that by being "skinny" they are winning. Well, I choose to lose. I choose to be me! I just want to say that no matter what gender or age you are, you are beautiful and don't let anyone tell you different.
Keep up the good work!
~Del

Replies

• Eldow1977
    Eldow1977 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow Del, welcome to MFP. You sound like you have your head screwed on and you've come to the right place to "do it right". It's not about running yourself ragged with the latest fitness craze or eating the minimum, it's about understanding what you are eating and being true to yourself. I have a 14 year old daughter who does take after me for her weight, I've always guided her to be comfortable with herself but sometimes she just has no limit to what she will eat and it's now at the point where she will eat more than me and still want to snack so I worry what the future will hold for her. I'd like to know how you get on. Add me as a friend if you wish but be careful, you are only 15 after all.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello. Spark Teens might be a better place due to your age. Congrats on doing this the healthy way though!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Del :]
    That positive attitude will help you reach your goals so make sure you stick with it and continue to believe in yourself - you can do this. I do want to point out however, that 'skinny' doesn't equal 'winning'. Healthy equals winning. Life throws a lot at us so it's important to be physically prepared to tackle the ups and downs - for me, my strong thighs and arms help me battle through the tough times and by fueling my body with decent balanced food, I am ready for anything. I would suggest Spark Teens to you as you are very young - I'm not trying to patronize you but having people your own age going through the same process may be a real benefit to you.

Wishing you the very best of luck, Del!