Need motivation and help!

Options
DRico1989
DRico1989 Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I am standing in my friends wedding in about 5 weeks. I have been counting calories 1390 a day and working out for about a hour. (just started this week)... Better late then never? I also have to modify my workouts due to my back. I'd like to lose 10-15lbs. Anything to help would be great!!

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Exercise isn't needed for weight loss but it will help you to create a calorie deficit so you can eat a little more and still lose weight. Please don't expect to lose all 20 pounds in 5 weeks, it won't happen without some seriously unhealthy things being done on your part. Make sure you are eating back at least half of the calories you are burning in your exercise or more of your weight loss will be from lean muscle and not from the fat you really want to lose.
  • sstermole
    sstermole Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes, just focus on really honing in on the diet. The exercise will help with inches lost. What are you doing for exercises? Send me a friend request.
  • DRico1989
    Options
    I am doing zumba at home with floor exercises for about 40 min a day.
  • Judithdobson
    Judithdobson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, just make sure you eat enough calories to reach your daily goal while exercising. Just a reminder that not enough calories sends your body into starvation mode making weight loss challenging. I often make that mistake then get frustrated and fall back into my bad habits. Best of luck - I am returning after a 3 year gap.
  • DRico1989
    Options
    Thank you. I have been tracking all workouts and all calories. I'm trying very hard and my awesome boyfriend helps encourage me to get up and exercise. <3