Logging in exercise?

Options
does anyone else not bother with logging in their daily exercise??

Replies

• Insanit76
    Insanit76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    why wouldnt you log it?
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't log it here. I log on fitocracy because it's much better suited to what I do. Besides, MFP is kind of notorious for overestimating calories burned.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Why would you not your exercise?
    Insanit76 wrote: »
    does anyone else not bother with logging in their daily exercise??

Why would you not log exercise? Exercise alters the calories you burn, and thus alters the food you can eat for the day and still hit your goal. whatever that goal is. If you are talking about a very short walk or something minor, not logging it might not be a terrible thing. But if you exercise hard and don't log it, you might be hurting yourself on the nutrition side of things, and/or ending up with a calorie deficit so large that you risk altering your metabolism.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have been logging my exercise, but at a calorie each because I don't eat my exercise calories. My calorie goal has been adjusted a little higher to take this into account. I think it really depends upon the person and what plan they are following on whether or not they are logging exercise calories or not.
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    debubbie wrote: »
    I have been logging my exercise, but at a calorie each because I don't eat my exercise calories. My calorie goal has been adjusted a little higher to take this into account. I think it really depends upon the person and what plan they are following on whether or not they are logging exercise calories or not.

I agree with this. My calorie count is also a little higher to account for exercise so I don't need to eat back.