Pageant swim suit help

Options
ANT98
ANT98 Posts: 137 Member
So I am competing in a pageant and need help with what my macros and exercise routine should be in order to tone up by January 15. I tried reverse dieting, and am up to 1900, I started at 1300-1400, now at 155-156 (up 4 lbs) and needing to mostly tone my stomach. Do I stop this reverse dieting process? Advice?

154ish, 18, female, 5'5"

Replies

• ANT98
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

So for activity level, if I'm sedentary but workout 4-5 times a week 30-40 minutes is that light activity or moderate?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    That would be sedentary but you would eat your calorie burns back.
  • ANT98
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    That would be sedentary but you would eat your calorie burns back.

So if I am 1750 for tdee on sedentary and burn 300 calories a workout, would that be 2050? Would I just eat in a 20% deficit of that?
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I did a pageant a couple years ago and needed to lose weight for it, so I feel you! It was really fun though, so I'm sure you'll have a great time :) like the above poster said I would set you activity to sedentary but then log your workouts and eat those calories back.

When I was getting in pageant shape what I found was that lifting weights and doing HIIT training made all the difference in the world. I started hardly doing any cardio (just running two days a week) and the rest was strength and intervals. It really kicked my body into shape.

Also, don't stress about it too much. I know it can be a nerve-wracking time. But remember that the bikini portion is about confidence and how you present yourself, not just how in shape you are. If the time is getting closer and you aren't at your goal, you can always wear a one piece if that makes you feel more comfortable. Some of the girls who scored higher than I did wore one pieces. Good luck and have fun! :)
  • ANT98
    Options
    LaurenAOK wrote: »
    I did a pageant a couple years ago and needed to lose weight for it, so I feel you! It was really fun though, so I'm sure you'll have a great time :) like the above poster said I would set you activity to sedentary but then log your workouts and eat those calories back.

When I was getting in pageant shape what I found was that lifting weights and doing HIIT training made all the difference in the world. I started hardly doing any cardio (just running two days a week) and the rest was strength and intervals. It really kicked my body into shape.

Also, don't stress about it too much. I know it can be a nerve-wracking time. But remember that the bikini portion is about confidence and how you present yourself, not just how in shape you are. If the time is getting closer and you aren't at your goal, you can always wear a one piece if that makes you feel more comfortable. Some of the girls who scored higher than I did wore one pieces. Good luck and have fun! :)

Thank you! And yes I am really excited to do it!! So if my tdee is 2050 (1750+excersise burn) according to the above calculations, wouldn't that be maintainence then instead of weight loss?
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    alexxazt wrote: »

Thank you! And yes I am really excited to do it!! So if my tdee is 2050 (1750+excersise burn) according to the above calculations, wouldn't that be maintainence then instead of weight loss?

Right, but MFP isn't going to tell you to eat your maintenance amount. You'll select your weight loss goal (.5 to 1lb a week is probably best) and MFP will give you a number with a deficit built in. Then you eat your exercise cals back because your goal already includes that deficit.
  • ANT98
    Options

Right, but MFP isn't going to tell you to eat your maintenance amount. You'll select your weight loss goal (.5 to 1lb a week is probably best) and MFP will give you a number with a deficit built in. Then you eat your exercise cals back because your goal already includes that deficit.

I'm sorry I'm confused still haha
  • LaurenAOK
    Options
    Or alternately, like you said above, you could just do a 20% deficit from your TDEE. In that case you do not eat workout calories back though.
  • LaurenAOK
    Options

When you go through the MFP guided setup, you will select your activity level not including exercise (sedentary). Then you set your weight loss goal. MFP will give you a number to eat every day, this would be your weight loss number if you are sedentary. You also work out though, so you'll log those workouts and eat the calories back.

or, if you want to use the TDEE method, you can set a custom calorie goal (probably the 2050 minus 20%, like you said). In that case, you already factored in exercise, so you do not eat workout calories back.

It's really a matter of personal preference which method you use.
  • ANT98
    Options
    Or alternately, like you said above, you could just do a 20% deficit from your TDEE. In that case you do not eat workout calories back though.

So with the tdee (is that the sedentary + exercise?) - 20% equals 1680 calories.
    With mfp settings at sedentary and 1lb lost =1340
    With mfp at sedentary and 1lb lost +300 calorie burn=1640
    With mfp at lightly active and 1lb lost=1560
    Mfp at active and 1 lb=1850
    I'm not obsessing over the numbers but need guidelines haha
  • ANT98
    Options

When you go through the MFP guided setup, you will select your activity level not including exercise (sedentary). Then you set your weight loss goal. MFP will give you a number to eat every day, this would be your weight loss number if you are sedentary. You also work out though, so you'll log those workouts and eat the calories back.

or, if you want to use the TDEE method, you can set a custom calorie goal (probably the 2050 minus 20%, like you said). In that case, you already factored in exercise, so you do not eat workout calories back.

It's really a matter of personal preference which method you use.

Oh sorry didn't get notified on that part haha