mental health issues & weight loss

Options
Do any body else deal with this problems. If so, what helps

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Yes. Being on the correct dosage of medication helps me.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Exercise and st. John's wort or htp hVe helped me. But I don't medicate right now. I exercise and use stress or anxiety coping skills. Dialectic behavior therapy workbook by marsh linehan I bought at stoee helped so much. Daily walks as a meditation help alot level my moods now uf I don't get that I get grumpy o:)
  • asteriskthat
    asteriskthat Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I struggle with mental health issues. Funnily enough, getting into shape is one of the few things that doesn't bring me down - I feel in control and able to be ok with the occasional setbacks that come with weightloss and fitness gain. Now, if only I could apply that mindset to the rest of my life...
    Feel free to add me :)
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Exercise and st. John's wort or htp hVe helped me. But I don't medicate right now. I exercise and use stress or anxiety coping skills. Dialectic behavior therapy workbook by marsh linehan I bought at stoee helped so much. Daily walks as a meditation help alot level my moods now uf I don't get that I get grumpy o:)

Please don't down play the need for medication in certain individuals. Yes, some techniques can help, but medication does have its purpose.

I bought into the whole "I don't need meds/can treat on my own" idea before as well, and thought I was doing great as well. It actually made things so much worse when I crashed off that feeling and ended up partaking in some very very very dangerous behaviors. Now I take my meds, and say screw it to anyone who thinks I'd be better off without them.
  • AKA9989
    AKA9989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    <3