Honey!

Options
What's the best raw honey?
Acacia
Sunflower
Or lime tree??
I usually have manuka honey and lemon each morning but I'm looking to get the raw honey instead.
Wanted for general healthy living!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Everything is unhealthy in abundance.

Eat whatever honey you like.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you prefer.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    See if you can find "local" honey.
    I always buy raw honey
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm a local honey gourmand. It's one of my favorite things to look for when travelling. They're wonderfully different! I currently have 16 kinds in my collection--including the last of my Tasmanian and Costa Rican forest honeys.

For the allergy - relieving benefits, I look for locally - produced and unpasteurized honey from a local keeper. The closer it is produced to me, the more likely it contains pollens of the things that cause local allergies--and the more likely the honey will help me build a resistance.
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    local and raw!!!!
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I read the above posted article and found zero actual quantitative insight into the parameters tested, the amounts given, and so on. I only found suggestive wording. Also, the research was conducted by the USDA, which generally supports big business & agriculture (and hence, the super cheap HFCS). There are plenty of other studies available that indicate very clearly the negative effects of HFCS and processed sugars.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    whatever you like.

i buy local honey as it helps (at least somewhat) with my allergies
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    erbear117 wrote: »
    I read the above posted article and found zero actual quantitative insight into the parameters tested, the amounts given, and so on. I only found suggestive wording. Also, the research was conducted by the USDA, which generally supports big business & agriculture (and hence, the super cheap HFCS). There are plenty of other studies available that indicate very clearly the negative effects of HFCS and processed sugars.
    It was sponsored by the honey industry. Basically it found that a sugar is a sugar in the way it affects our body.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    Sugar is sugar. Use what you like. Try lots of different kinds. Different honey tastes vastly different. You might find you like using different honeys for different things.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    I would suggest find a local apiary and get local honey. Usually they have different types based on season and where they place their hives, and you are supporting the local economy.
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Tupelo. No better honey anywhere. :)
  • marsia1234
    marsia1234 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the advise! Yup found a local beekeeper. Think I'll try the lime tree honey!
  • Superdave24
    Superdave24 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    whatever you like.

How much do you take and how often?

• abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've heard if you buy raw and local it's good to help with seasonal allergies. Can't say if it's true or not...and no clue if that's a selling point for you. But I'd say try for local and raw.
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have allergies and eat unprocessed local honey in hopes that its pollen helps me resist getting sinus and upper respiratory infections. I don't care for its taste.
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have allergies and eat unprocessed local honey in hopes that its pollen helps me resist getting sinus and upper respiratory infections. I don't care for its taste.

I have bad allergies too and haven't actually tried local honey for it yet. Have you noticed any improvement?
  • uzaycozmoz
    uzaycozmoz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out the benefits of this ‘liquid gold’ – for a fitter body and youthful skin.
    http://www.lifearea.net/honey-for-skin-and-honey-cues/
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    whatever you like.

How much do you take and how often?

I have bad allergies too and haven't actually tried local honey for it yet. Have you noticed any improvement?

I'll add a tsp or 2 to my tea in the evenings. it SEEMS to help, at least a little. i dont take allergy meds for it but im not a fan of pills so i wouldnt anyways unless they were HORRIBLE.