Goodbye protein bars

Options
So i'm pretty sure I am whey intolerant, i haven't had whey protein powder in more than a year, but I remember when I was having it regularly it would make me bloat. Lately I've been eating quest bars and luna protein bars, which I absolutely love and they help me hit my protein goals everyday but I've been noticing the same bloating. To me it makes sense that if I am allergic to whey, then I am allergic to lactose too but I don't think I am, I've been having dairy every day since I was a kid and I don't bloat.
Is this possible? Being oversensitive to whey but not lactose??

Replies

• FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    sorry for bad english :blush:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It might not be allergy but perhaps you do have more trouble digesting them. Run an experiment and see if the bloating goes away when you remove them.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    The whey could be bothering you. Try Lara bars -- most flavors have nuts and fruit. :) Probably other vegan brands are available too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Whey concentrate doesn't agree with me, but have no problems with Isolate or casein.
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    Please don't try to self diagnose an allergy. An intolerance/sensitivity, on the other hand, well, if you find a certain food consistently causes your body to react in a negative way, makes sense to avoid it. Doesn't really matter if it makes 'sense', what is, is.
  • FoodFitnessTravel
    FoodFitnessTravel Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    katem999 wrote: »
    Please don't try to self diagnose an allergy. An intolerance/sensitivity, on the other hand, well, if you find a certain food consistently causes your body to react in a negative way, makes sense to avoid it. Doesn't really matter if it makes 'sense', what is, is.

You're right, I want to do food allergy test