Lower calorie burn?!

Options
Is anyone else experiencing a lower calorie burn the more weight they lose? I'm assuming my heart rate isn't getting as high but I am still putting in the full effort.

Replies

• xxjessikatxx
    Options
    ya thats normal..Me and a friend can work out doing the same thing but she weighs more than me and burns more calories
  • botography
    botography Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yep, same thing. I see some movement but slow. I think I will wait a week before I step back on my three scales that don't agree anyway.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    It's most likely less related to your heart rate and more connected to your body mass. The less mass you have to move around, the less energy it takes. :wink:
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Cool, thanks guys! It's kind of sad to see my calorie burn less and less for doing the same work but I just have to keep telling myself I am getting in better shape! Totally worth it!
  • jkuhn71
    jkuhn71 Posts: 199
    Options
    SOOOO glad to see this topic - it's specifically what I was looking for! I just realized over the weekend that I hadn't updated my weight on my Polar FT40 in awhile and was down 16 pounds since I last updated it. So - I updated my weight and noticed that my calorie burn from BodyStep was lower than 'normal,' despite working at the same level. I'm with hilhall822 - bummer to see a lower calorie burn for doing the same work, BUT it's good to know it's because we weigh less and we're in better shape!!! :-) Thanks for posting this!