New diet, no change, Help!

Options
Ok, so after deciding to diet and add cardio/weights 4 days week, I ran my macros and came up with 2,000 calories/day, 170g protein, 220g Carbs, 40 or less g fat. After week one and weighing daily, I've seen no change. Thoughts? Is it too early to make changes?

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    way too early. How much change did you make? Depending on the change you should notice change within 2 weeks - possibly only on the tape measure though.
  • ckana21
    ckana21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will give it a coupe more weeks and see how the scale looks. I guess I should also take some measurements as well so make sure there is some changes there as well.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I always think it's good if I gain a few lbs after starting a big workout program. Means it's working (at least with my body). I always get my muscles pumped up with water and/or glycogen, and I usually get quite sore, lol. I ignore those first lbs as I go on.
  • newlife0202
    newlife0202 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I didnt see any change for awhile, especially with the scale weight. I noticed changes,in the mirror after 3 months of consistently lifting & tracking protein intake. It takes time, i been at it for 6 months and lost 15 pounds. Kept a ton of muscle though. You should be fine, stick with it!
  • kevinanderson520562
    Options
    Way too early. Also if a lot of exercising is new to you, you are probably gaining muscle which weighs a lot more than fat. So if you are taking measurements and they are going down but your weight is staying the same or even gaining a few lbs you are getting healthier.

I started at 500 lbs and had a 6 month plateau at 400 lbs. 6 freaking months! Every 2 weeks I was smaller though so I knew I was going in the right direction. I was frustrated because 400 is not where I wanted to stay for that long but with some patience and knowledge I got past looking at the scale and looked at what was getting better. Eventually the weight started to come off again.
  • ckana21
    ckana21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, great feedback.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If it only took a week, we'd all be thin!