For lazy lazy people like me

Options
Hey guys I need help with motivation to loose weight. Iam 23yrs and a mother of 2 kids. Iam extremely lazy person and now I have to loose 20 kgs of weight to get back to normal. Please help me as to what can I do

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am very lazy too, and I managed to lose 25 kilos in one year. Just log your food dilligently, stick to your calorie goal, and maybe go for walks. Motivation may fade, aim to get in habits you feel good about.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Just stick to your calories, you don't need to exercise to lose weight if you don't want to.

I mean, exercise is good - you could start with something quick and easy and work up - but it's not necessary.
  • neyhafatima
    neyhafatima Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I live in a joint family and situations get difficult to maintain goals in a typical south indian joint family.
  • neyhafatima
    Options
    @kommodevaran wow congrats on loosing so much weight. Was it difficult to get on track and actually maintain it.?
  • neyhafatima
    Options
    @DemoraFairy . Thank u so much for helping me with the start. I hope I can at least just keep a count about the calories. It's a great motivation for a beginner.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I live in a joint family and situations get difficult to maintain goals in a typical south indian joint family.

that's an excuse... if you really want to lose weight you'll put the effort in.
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was lazy too when I started. What motivated me was a trip to the doctor and realizing how unhealthy I was. The thought of on going medical treatments and their cost was a big motivation to get off the couch. Don't try to change everything in your life at once. Take steps. Remember it takes about 5 weeks for something to become a habit. Get through those 4 weeks and it gets easier. Make monthly goals. Start simple by logging everything every day. Next month add a new goal such as starting exercise or quitting a bad habit.

I see your a mother so try to think of your kids as motivation. If you don't change yourself are you going to see the important life events in their life. People with unhealthy life styles have shorter life expectancies. If you don't want to change for your self do it for your kids.
  • feefeemac3133
    feefeemac3133 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Try to start exercising and I guarantee once you get into something you enjoy you won't be lazy and the weight will start to come off and obviously track your food too :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran wow congrats on loosing so much weight. Was it difficult to get on track and actually maintain it.?

Thank you :) No, it wasn't difficult when I finally decided to get on track. But it took me a long time to get to taht decision. Staying on track hasn't always been easy, but quite effortless just because I'm lazy and prefer to do it the easy way (no strenous activity, don't keep temptations laying around, plan meals and shopping, cooking food I enjoy).
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey guys I need help with motivation to loose weight. Iam 23yrs and a mother of 2 kids. Iam extremely lazy person and now I have to loose 20 kgs of weight to get back to normal. Please help me as to what can I do

I found that in the first instance I just stuck to the calorie counting.

Within a few weeks I had lost the weight I was supposed to at that time (2lb a week) and that then gave me a lot of enthusiasm to go on with the process.

I think people are sometimes prone to over thinking things, just focus on one aspect (logging, for now) and the rest will come quite naturally in time when you see that it works.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options

Do you have to share cooking with other family members and eat what they prepare or can you prepare your own meals every day?

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i tried to stick with just calories because i'm lazy too. but i wanted to eat more. so i started walking, and then running. and i get to eat some of those calories back. I'm happy and those around me are too
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I think, as you get more comfortable with the process and the pounds start disappearing, the laziness will too :]
    You'll have more energy, you'll feel a lot more lively and outgoing and with 2 children, I doubt you're as lazy as you claim to be!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    For weight loss all you need is a calorie deficit. Eat less. It's that simple