I've been on here 23 days straight three quarters have been well regimented but..

Options
Kdingo
Kdingo Posts: 145 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I have yet to lose a pound, not one. I'm feeling very defeated. Last time I was on here I lost at least a pound a week doing LESS exercise. Don't get me wrong some weeks I still barely exercise but to not even lose ONE pound !
I don't know what else I can do. The people in real life enable and when I need questions answered not one "friend" on here even responds when I post.
My own MOTHER made macaroni salad last night! /=
Don't know what I'm really asking for on here, I never even really posed a question. Ugh

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you're doing more exercise this time, your muscles will be retaining water to repair. This can make it look like you're not losing weight, especially if you weigh weekly. It's only been 3 weeks, you may just need to wait longer.

Also it's worth asking, do you weigh everything you eat? Do you eat back your exercise calories? Can you open your diary?
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Step one would probably be to aim for something higher than a 25% rate of non-well-regimented days. It's pretty easy to wipe put reasonable deficits with days over target.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    You said you only loss when you were doing less exercise -- are you eating back your exercise calories? Some people find that when they're eating back estimated exercise calories, they end up eating at about maintenance. This happened to me when I got to my current weight; eating back my exercise calories brought me really close to maintenance, and then my occasional overages (50 calories here, 150 calories there) were eating up the rest of my much-lessened deficit.

Other people can come in with more specific advice that'll need more information (current/goal weight, height, calorie goals, do you weigh your food, etc) but that's what sticks out to me. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with it. It's hard to stick out when you're feeling frustrated.
  • Kdingo
    Options
    I opened the food diary. Sorry about that. I don't usually eat back my exercise calories. I start gaining learned that the hard way. Somedays I eat healthier than others. I don't weigh my food and when I don't log in diary it's because that day was restaurant day and I didn't want to just guess. Maybe I do better that a third but I always overestimate to be safer. Inches are not coming off either.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Definitely start weighing your food if you can. It also looks like you've had a lot of restaurant days - it can be easy to wipe out your deficit if you're regularly eating over (especially if you're possibly eating over even when you are trying to count). Restaurant food also tends to be high in salt, which will make you retain more water, which will cause less weight loss (but not less FAT loss, the extra weight will be water weight).

Tighten up your logging, and stick at it.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I found this (estimate the portions by hand) useful when you don't have scale to weigh food:
    http://lifehacker.com/5880630/use-your-hand-to-estimate-your-portions

And also, investing something like these cute measuring spoons can help adding some fun to the process!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=cute+measuring+spoons&espv=2&biw=1224&bih=735&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0CE0QsARqFQoTCNDVqvjb9scCFQaagAodSlEJpA

I agree with what @gramarye says... we might need more info from you to give more constructive suggestions :smile:
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I would second weighing your food -- I've owned this particular scale for two years now, and it really changed how I consume food -- it helped me really understand portions, and when I do have to estimate (e.g. when I'm at a restaurant, at friend's for food, or happen to have forgotten to bring it with me to my boyfriend's) I can do it better because I'm used to what the portions look like. I also just really like it -- a friend of mine (@diannethegeek) likens it to feeling like a mad scientist, and that's totally accurate.

Restaurant days can be tricky, but if you're eating at chains, you should be able to find entries in the database -- and in some cases, even confirm those with websites. Even best-guess estimating when you're at a local place is better than nothing at all, in my opinion. (I love eating out, and learning to cut back and cook more at home was a challenge. I like to cook, but I also like pizza, lol.)

In the long run, you have to find a system that works for you. This is what's worked for me, but that's totally anecdotal. Best of luck with however you tackle it! :)
  • Kdingo
    Options
    Thanks ladies!