Jlo postpartum workout- Not very good at dieting.

Options
Hi, I read online that Jlo worked out 3 hrs a day for 7 days a week and lost 40pounds in a month on a 1,400 calorie a day diet. I'm seriously thinking about trying this guys, a less extreme version though. Probably 2 hours a day for 3 days a week and on the rest of the days a 40 minuet to an hour workout. How does that sound? Her workout consisted of:
1 hr pilates
1 hr cardio
1 hr strength training

The thing is, I'm really bad at dieting and eating 3 healthy balanced meals a day. At this point , to be honest ,most of the time I eat 1 high calorie, high fat meal a day and I'm usually still under 1,200 calories. =/ The way the food situation is in my house doesn't seem like it'll change soon. I can try to eat 3 times and eat healthy but i'm just not guaranteed to keep up with that. consistently everyday.According to this site that means by body is in starvation mode a lot of the time, making it hard for me to lose weight. I'm trying to find a way around this, how do you guys think this program will work as far as me losing 40 pounds by the end of the year goes? I want to at least reach my goal of a loss AT LEAST of 20 pounds by August. I plan on doing the Jlo thing for the month of June and then just doing a 3 day a week, one hour workout for the rest of summer. Thoughts? Advice?

I'm new here btw and I'm not that fitness savy so I hope I don't sound crazy or stupid. haha

Replies

• calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Actually that sounds great, three days a week is perfect especially with strength training in there.. I think at least. Dont think of what you are eating as dieting.. just do smaller portions and eat more veggies and fruits. I try to eat a veggie and a fruit every meal. Sometimes it gets boring for me because I eat a lot of the same thing but I hardly go over my calorie count with using this site! Good luck on your weight loss :)
  • DanceMomCG
    DanceMomCG Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!!

You don't sound stupid. You sound motivated!!!!

I could never squeeze more than one hour of work-out into my day so J-Lo's plan seems a bit much for me. I've been doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, some of the Insanity work-out plus walking, dancing and bike riding for the past 3 weeks along with dieting (well, watching my calories) for the past 3 weeks and I've lost 5 lbs and can notice a difference in my body and how I feel.

I'd love to lose a total of 15lbs by the end of July - I'm going to Bermuda and want to rock a tankini. Hey, I'd say bikini but I've had 2 kids so who am I kidding!? LOL

I think if you just watch what you eat and excercise daily, you'll lose your 20lbs by August!!!

Good Luck! Feel free to friend me!
  • mzthiknez
    mzthiknez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely I think you can do it... and it will work too... Just stick with it... and stay persistent!!!! Good luck... Who knows u might even raise the stakes... believe it or not... once u get into the groove of working out... You've done ur stretching, u got ur water, and ur ipod/mp3!!!! You'll eventually zone out and really get it in!!!
  • CharissaMod
    Options
    Thanks for your feedback! It sounds like a tough regime but I'm going to try, just for month! Yeah, I'm trying to make healthier choices but I'm struggling to get in my calories on low cal foods.
  • CharissaMod
    Options
    Thank you! Jillian's DVD's are super tough for me because I have like 0 upper body strength and she LOVES to do workouts that require a push up type position, haha. Good luck with them! 5 pounds in 3 weeks sounds awesome. And I will add you! :}
  • CharissaMod
    Options
    I hope so. even 1 hour a day, everyday of the week is a challenge.So, two hours a day, 3 days out of the week will be hard but I'm going to give it a shot.