Need Help! Need a Clean Eating Buddy.

Options
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone else here does the clean eating diet and if anyone would be interested in buddying up for support? I am having a really rough time sticking to my eating plan and exercising and I thought maybe if I was doing it with a buddy it would be easier. If anyone is interested let me know! Also anyone have any good tips for weight loss? I've been overweight for long time and am finally looking to get healthy. Thanks!

Replies

• jezirus
    jezirus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I *think* I am doing a version of clean eating... I'd love to buddy, but I guess I should make sure that I am actually doing clean eating! :-)
    I'm not eating sugar, white flour, cheese, processed foods or caffeine. So lots of salads, vegetables, lean meats, whole grains, fruits and water.
    I've only been doing it for a week, but I'm totally committed, and yet I am already today finding myself struggling with being hungry and wanting to fall back on my old grazing/snacking habits.
  • Lisone
    Lisone Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Clean eating IS really tough! I am totally here to help you.. I know how tough it can be. I have a lot of diet restrictions (due to a wheat allergy and having Type 1 Diabetes..) so I'm always looking for new friends/support also. Add me!!! =)
    Lots of love..
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    what exactly is clean eating?
    is it like a chocolate ban?
    or is it actually like an intense everything is banned thing?
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

LOL! clean eating is not an intense ban on everything... its just a away of cooking that does involve processed foods or packaged foods or anything artificial like that. I love it! I don't crave any bad things and its really good for your health. Its hard, and not for everyone..it consists of a LOT of whole, unprocessed grains, fruits, veggies, lean meats...etc
  • AspiringYogini
    Options
    Clean eating is eating only whole natural foods. No white sugar or flour, no processed foods, very light dairy and no food with artificial ingredients. Lots of salads, fruits, veggies, whole grains, and lean protein. It can give you amazing results and great health...if you can stick with it lol. I am adding everyone. I need all the help I can get. Thanks for the replies.
  • SkinnyCate
    SkinnyCate Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm about to enter week 2 of clean eating and would LOVE some new "friends" who eat the same way! :D YAY CLEAN FOOD!
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Not sure what *your* vision of clean eating would be :-) You can look at my diary and determine if you'd like to friend me and be buddies. Note today I had wine which isn't exactly clean :-) but it's Sunday and we had a bbq to relax after a day of yard work haha!
    I eat a diet that is only meat/poultry/fish, vegetables (except starchy veg like potatoes & corn), fruit (moderately & not juices), nuts, oils (olive & flax) ... it does not include grains, beans, sugar or dairy (although I eat greek yogurt for smoothies because it's high in protein). You can google 'paleo solution' or 'paleo diet' or go to http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html if you want more info.
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    no waaaaay! pure, dark chocolate is healthy and delicious! a snickers ban, yes. chocolate ban, no :) clean eating just means you don't eat anything processed, preserved or artificial. no lean cuisine, no ritz crackers, no digiorno's pizza, you get the idea. you eat foods from their whole, natural state. so if you want chicken noodle soup or something, instead of getting a can of Progresso or whatever, you make your own from scratch. it's time consuming yes, but it's the healthiest way to live. and the best part is, once you start cutting junk food out of your diet, you'll crave it less. and you'll make your body sooo happy :)

i think you can get a little lenient with a clean diet if you pay REALLY close attention to ingredient labels. if there's something on there you can't pronounce, don't buy it. or something that doesn't grow in nature, don't buy it. but there are a lot of good brands out there that don't use any scary chemicals. though even so, it's better to just make your own meals as much as possible. i spend a couple hours each weekend making all my food for the whole week so i won't have to resort to boxed crap while i'm zipping from one place to another (i spend very little time at home). this has been working wonderfully for me and i've never felt better. i never crave junk anymore, i haven't been sick in forever, my skin looks glowy and i have SO much more energy :)
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    i've been eating clean for about a month, but im getting tired of eating the same thing prepared in the same way. does anyone have any recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?
  • carolynmittens
    Options
    i've been eating clean for about a month, but im getting tired of eating the same thing prepared in the same way. does anyone have any recipes they wouldn't mind sharing?
    this site is really good:
    http://edibleperspective.com/recipes/

and this one is pretty good:
    http://fatfreevegan.com/

this one is GREAT for desserts or snacks:
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/chocolate-covered-recipes/
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!