I'm NOT new.. but I might as well be...

Options
kaylahardison
kaylahardison Posts: 141 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Y'all.. I suck. Seriously.

I have ZERO will-power. I do not WANT to exercise. I just want to wake up tomorrow and be thinner. Like... 80 pounds thinner would be awesome.

SO.. Since I am fully aware that my wish will not be coming true, I guess I should get off my bum and start trying.

I'm 27. I have 3 kids, and a Lineman for a husband. I am the CFO at a local Medical Clinic. I have it pretty good, really. No drama, no worries.. life is good! Except my weight. I need to lose some...at least 35 asap.. I know it will make me feel TONS better... if I could just DO IT!

SO.. that being said, maybe some really motivated people on MFP can help get me in the groove! Any food, exercise suggestions? I already have a gym membership!

[Edited by MFP Staff]

Replies

• turboscrub
    turboscrub Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The best advice I could give is to celebrate the little things. I can get pretty impatient sometimes, so it helped to be able to step back and find an accomplishment worth celebrating. Lost an inch from my hips? Hell yeah. Worked out twice as long as I did last week? Niiice. Ordered the healthiest option at a restaurant that turned out to be dope? Awww yissss.
  • kaylahardison
    Options
    turboscrub wrote: »
    The best advice I could give is to celebrate the little things. I can get pretty impatient sometimes, so it helped to be able to step back and find an accomplishment worth celebrating. Lost an inch from my hips? Hell yeah. Worked out twice as long as I did last week? Niiice. Ordered the healthiest option at a restaurant that turned out to be dope? Awww yissss.

I suppose that really is the best advice I could get!! I like it too! When I was younger, I could say OK I'm going to lose 10 minutes. A week later, I had lost 10 pounds. I guess my body isn't as young as it use to be so it is going to take more work! Now, if I say that, a week later and the scale is still the same. So I get irritated and just quit.

I will definitely try that. Thank you!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hey :]
    My advice to you would be to stick to MFP and reach out as often as possible. The community here has really helped me stay on track and previously I've found it very difficult. I promise you can do this, you just need to stay positive and have faith in yourself. Wishing you the very best of luck!
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    turboscrub wrote: »

This is definitely the key! Heck I'm just starting over today and I'm hella happy I've drank half a gallon of water by lunch time lol. We have to have patience and enjoy the roller-coaster. It sucks but it's the truth, anything worth having in life it worth fighting for. Especially your health!
  • wowser5
    wowser5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I will tell you from experience, every time I quit journaling I gain my weight back plus more. I now have 100 lbs to lose, instead of 50. I am 40, and it sure is harder to lose weight as you get older. Just keep focused, journal every day, and get some exercise!
  • kaylahardison
    Options
    thanks guys!!
  • tmsix
    tmsix Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Routine was my key to success the first time I used MFP, always logged, always made a small amount of time for exercise, and don't underestimate the power of walking - I have a dog which helps with that one.

Some people say when you do something about 21 times it becomes habit, do 21 days of logging and something different exercise wise and it might just feel like a routine.

And don't be frightened to log the bad days, it actually helps when you reflect a few days later. I'm be logging a few pints of cider later, I know it's the least nutritious source of calorie but they will be logged.
  • sparkle0316
    sparkle0316 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'd love that too:) but def here to help you get through this...as i'm on my get the baby weight off so def friend me and we'll keep each other on track!