30 years old and STRUGGLING w/PCOS and TTC... Looking for MFP friends

Options
I'm so tired of struggling with this PCOS. I just want to lost weight and have a cycle without the help of meds. Is anyone else using Metformin to assist in weight lost and what are you doing to lose weight? Feeling depress. Add me as MFP friend if you like.

Replies

• jenniferrswennen
    Options
    Hey I'm 26 have a one year old and am ttc for my second baby. I'm on metformin aswell and just joined mfp today. Currently on cd 67 and no sign of it ending :( totally understand your frustration. I have a out 100 pounds I want to loose total.
  • carmlettmix
    carmlettmix Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yes so you understand the struggle if I am to get pregnant this would be my fiance and I first child so I definitely need to get my health in check. I'm the same I want to lose about 100 lbs also. I was taking 500 mg metformin now I'm at 1000 mg and my doctor wants to increase it again. But I totally lost count of my cd. That's bad. But I'm here for you, we can get through this together.
  • luckyduck8801
    luckyduck8801 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm pcos and thyroid. I'm on metformin and levothyroxine. I just started taking fish oil supplements 3 times a day. I read that getting an omega 3's is helpful for pcos. Good luck!
  • mrsbusby1019
    mrsbusby1019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS as well. My husband and I have been trying for a while to get pregnant. I've been on metformin for a year or two and even on it, I've not had normal periods. My husband and I have put the baby thing on hold in order for us to get healthy. My doctor has recently suggested Contrave to assist on my weight loss journey. Unfortunately it's a bit expensive so I've not filled the rx yet. The inability to lose weight has me very depressed and in turn, I eat more. It's a vicious cycle.
  • erinsincere1
    erinsincere1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HELLO, I ALSO I HAVE PCOS, I WAS DIAGNOSED A YEAR AGO! I HAVE BEEN ON METFORMIN FOR ALMOST TWO WEEKS AND I ALSO TAKE CAMBODIAN PILLS WITH 60% HCG IN IT! I ALSO MAKE SURE DO 10,000 STEPS A DAY (BREAKING IT UP INTO 3 TO 4 WALKS A DAY) DEPENDING ON UR WALK CRITERIA‼️ AVIANE IS THE BIRTH CONTROL I ALSO TAKE TO BALANCE MY HORMONES, BECAUSE WITH PCOS U EXPERIENCE UNWANTED HAIR IN WEIRD PLACES! THINK POSITIVE, DONT STRESS AND CHANGE UR EATING REGIMEN AS WELL! MFP IS A GREAT TOOL IF U ARE PERSISTENT AND COMMITTED! GOOD LUCK LOVE❤️
  • dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    also make sure to take your vitamin d / multi vitamin for thyroid :) helps so much for fatigue. (just take it w/ dinner so it doesnt mess w/ your levo)
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    mrsbusby1019
    I understand that horrible cycle believe me I've done it so many times and given up so many times. But now it's time to take back my life. So that's why I open this wrote so people know they are not alone. We all will get through this I believe that. We just have to support each other.
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    erinsincere1

I'm trying to think positive and not stress out, no lie it's very hard but I believe I can do it. Thanks for the encouraging words. We are all cysters in this.
  • carmlettmix
    Options

dogcatac

yeah I have been on my vitamin game and trying to stay active
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    luckyduck8801

hey thanks for the info I never think about fish oil supplements. I'm going to the store today to get some.
  • tralfy2015
    tralfy2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Ovasitol? I hear it helps a lot. Naturally raises progesterone and helps with insulin resistance.
  • Alybel0328
    Alybel0328 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined my fitness pal today again after.going off track for a few months. I've got PCOS and currently on cycle day 31. I stopped taking bc because thing for baby #2 but doctor says I may need to think long term goals soon. I'm trying low carb diet to try to lose. I've gained about 25 lbs.over past 6 months because of stress. We can do this! I've got about 45+ that I want to lose.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of struggling with this PCOS. I just want to lost weight and have a cycle without the help of meds. Is anyone else using Metformin to assist in weight lost and what are you doing to lose weight? Feeling depress. Add me as MFP friend if you like.

Please check out my group!!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/108738-hormone-resetters
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    tralfy2015

No I haven't tried that before but I will look into it. Thanks for the info.
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    Luvee_Dove5 I will check it out thanks.
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    Alybel0328

yes we can definitely do this. We just have to support each other but I know we can be successful. Let me know if you ever need to talk.
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    tralfy2015

have you used it and does it help?
  • chippy83
    chippy83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I was diagnosed with PCOS at age 18 after never ovulating on my own, and prescribed the birth control pill and told to take it until I was ready to have kids (as many of us are). Now, I have started down the path of TTC! I came off the pill in March, and have had 4 monthly episodes of spotting for one day-- which my OB-GYN said were likely just spotting, not a sign of ovulation, and a sign that my body wasn't producing enough uterine lining.

I started taking Ovasitol in mid-July as a natural way to help my body, which is a powdered inositol supplement that provides 2000 mg of myo-inositol and 50 mg of D-chiro-inositol, in the body's normal ratio of 40 to 1. It was the best-looking insolitol supplement I could find, and I like that it combines both the myo and the D in the right ratios for the body, as most others are only one type. With the exception of a 3-week break while on vacation in September, I have continued taking Ovasitol 2x/day and LOVE it! I started it in mid-July, had a round of spotting in mid-August, but then have had 2 (yes, 2!) periods in September! One from September 4-7th and another just started yesterday on September 28th, making a 25-day cycle... which is downright normal! :smiley: I plan to buy an ovulation predictor kit and test myself for several days in October about the time that I estimate ovulation should be happening. As for the Ovasitol, it's so easy to take-- I just mix it in a small glass of water and it is nearly tasteless. I would highly recommend it to anyone TTC! It promotes insulin sensitivity, healthy ovarian function and egg quality, and supports normal hormone levels. I ordered it direct from the manufacturer's website, Theralogix, and it's about $80 for a 3-month supply (so less than $1/day).

I also started taking Magnesium (300mg) which is supposed to help combat chronic stress and sleep better, and so far feels like it's helped my sleep. I read about this tip in a book called "Period Repair Manual: Natural Treatment for Better Hormones and Better Periods" by Lara Briden which I found to be an easy and informative read. I am also still taking the Magnesium at night but it's hard to tell what the effects are.

Good luck all!
  • carmlettmix
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I'm just taking Jarrow's inositol for right now. I notice some weight loss and being able to sleep better. But I think I am going to try to the Ovasitol soon. First I'm going to continue the myo inositol a little while longer to see. But so happy for you. Hopefully soon I can start buy ovulation predictor kit. Keep me posted.

• DSnutz
    DSnutz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a Metformin user here. I will be seeing a reproductive endocrinologist in a few weeks. I'm not sure that Metformin is doing much to help me. I started it back in 2010 when I started really getting serious about exercising and tracking my calories. With those two things combined, my cycles still weren't normalized. I was put on Clomid by the reproductive endocrinologist I was seeing then, and that combination (along with ultrasounds and them telling me when to have sex because they were planning on doing some testing when the ultrasounds showed it was the right time to do so) helped me get pregnant. But my cycles were never normalized.