2 year old - Snacks and Food

Options
FitDadSam
FitDadSam Posts: 25 Member
edited August 2015 in Recipes
folks, just thought a thread regarding good food for toddlers would be useful. Wee mans bored with porridge in the mornings so can I start it off by asking if anyone has some healthy breakfast ideas for toddlers and recommend a cereal ?

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Basic Cheerios or kix don't have much sugar. Yogurt and fruit is nice too.

I'm laughing though because I was all about feeding my kids healthy at that age and gave up sometime when they turned 3 and I got sick of just throwing food away because they didn't eat it.

So anyway, good luck, lol.

• kindyteacher
    kindyteacher Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    We do cheerios, oatmeal, eggs and toast, yogurt with fruit, muffins
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    My toddler eats whatever the rest of the family is eating. Except, of course, when he won't. It can be hit and miss.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Having three this has been interesting depending on what the kids will eat. My current 2 yr old eats pretty much anything. We keep applesauce, cheerios, yogurt, string cheese, PB crackers, Goldfish, etc. on hand, but his big thing now is "Have bite?" and wants to sample whatever anyone else is eating.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    French toast, pancakes with syrup, scrambled eggs, bacon, cheerios, muffins, bagels, toast and butter, bananas, oranges, avocados.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Mine like greek yogurt, sausages, eggs, toast w/ butter, fruit cups, low sodium bacon, grits sometimes... You can get an organic version of just about anything now days. Whatever I eat my little ones do too. :)
    Organic cheerios or organic chocolate rice crispies. I have even put stawberry or chocolate sauce in oatmeal. I make chia pudding that is hit and miss sometimes. Maybe breakfast pizza? You can get toast or biscuit and jam and add fruit pieces to make it fun?
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Mine like greek yogurt, sausages, eggs, toast w/ butter, fruit cups, low sodium bacon, grits sometimes... You can get an organic version of just about anything now days. Whatever I eat my little ones do too. :)
    Organic cheerios or organic chocolate rice crispies. I have even put stawberry or chocolate sauce in oatmeal. I make chia pudding that is hit and miss sometimes. Maybe breakfast pizza? You can get toast or biscuit and jam and add fruit pieces to make it fun?
    Usually organic cereals charge more for fewer vitamins and minerals.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My son loves eggs and bacon/sausages.
    Hes a lean guy so I dont mind giving him the exta fat.
    He also loves pancakes/waffles and bananas.
  • uzaycozmoz
    uzaycozmoz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Shopping on a budget doesn’t mean you can’t eat healthy foods.
    http://www.lifearea.net/healthy-eating-on-a-shoestring/
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My kid has loved a runny egg with turkey breakfast sausage for at least 7 years. Almost daily. When she doesn't have that it's a chia/spinach and whatever frozen fruit and almond milk smoothie, or a waffle with Nutella.

Lunches (include her entire day of school and after school care):
    1 water
    1 watered down drink
    Either 1/2 sandwich (turkey and cheese or Nutella and natural pb), salad, sliced extra sharp cheese and cherry tomatoes, or chili with tortilla chips
    A fruit or yogurt
    A snack of almonds, cheese its, popcorn
    And a sweet snack of pudding, fruit twists, etc

Dinner: whatever we eat. Most of which are child friendly but made to incorporate a lot of vegetables like veggie/chicken nuggets, veggie/turkey meatballs, cauliflower macaroni and cheese, bean/veggie quesadillas, vegetable topped pita pizzas.
  • reese00s
    reese00s Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - omelet/scrambled eggs, waffles, pancakes (boys love mini one w Apple or banana in them), French toast sticks, ham/sausage/bacon, fruit, cheese, oatmeal/cereal, bagel/toast

Lunch is at school but when home, sandwich (turkey/tuna/pbj), grilled cheese and soup

Dinner - what we eat, baked/grilled chicken, grilled steak, potatoes, salad, veggies, pasta