4 lbs in 4 weeks...... ??? :(

Options
I need some input please....... :frown:

I only weigh myself once every four weeks, I can't handle the stress of doing it more then that truthfully. Anyhow,
I got my weigh in yesterday, and I only lost 4 pounds the past 4 weeks. Now, mind you, I've been doing the
30 Day Shred, on top of walking, the elliptical, ab exercises, etc...... I've done so good. AND..... I have NOT
gone over my calories on MFP since I joined in April!!! Soooooo....... what the heck am I doing wrong??? :sad:
I want so badly to reach my goals. And that estimate that MFP gives you at the end of the day when you submit
your food log is WRONG!! It says I should be losing way more than I am!!! Am I being too hard on myself or
and I doing something wrong??? Please help....... Thank You!!!!

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    It sounds to me like you're doing everything right. There could be something you're missing, but 4 pounds in 4 weeks is not bad. It's actually safe and healthy to lose weight at that rate. Keep doing what you're doing girl. =)
  • wwhite94
    wwhite94 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    maybe you built some muscle check your clothes do the fell looser. Even it it dont show up on the scale right away maybe it shows up in the muscle tone you are getting and remember if its your "tom" when you weigh in that will make a difference too.
  • ksloop00
    ksloop00 Posts: 144
    Options
    You're doing great! Losing 1-2 pounds a week is healthy!
  • sziemba1
    sziemba1 Posts: 34
    Options
    What those carbs -- you can stay within the calorie level but if the carb content is high you won't shred poundage.
  • fireflydestruct
    Options
    With all that exercise, it's extremely likely that you've gained muscle. Just in case, make sure you're drinking enough water and eating back your exercise calories, too.
  • victoriashea
    victoriashea Posts: 112
    Options
    Get out the measuring tape! Scales are deadly, but mirrors and measurements don't lie.
    Plus... 4 pounds in 4 weeks is exactly how much you should be losing. That's the exact recommended rate!
    The 30 Day Shred is designed to build muscle, which will help you burn fat but you're going to weigh more for a while.

Step back and reevaluate all possible angles. Do you FEEL any changes in your body? Count these as success.
    You're doing an amazing job! Don't you dare quit now!
  • sziemba1
    sziemba1 Posts: 34
    Options
    By the way -- losing 4 pounds in 4 weeks is not bad. Don;t beat yourself up for it.
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    At least you lost and didn't gain! thats still a victory!3697427.png
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    4ilbs in 4 weeks is actually good. I usually lose about that much.
    Also, there may be other considerations to aco**** for such as water retention, TOM, constipation...etc, which all can contribute to the scale not showing a larger loss. There really so many different variables that could be accounted for in terms of explaining it.
    Also, try measuring yourself and you may see remendous results. I know that I lost over a total of 15 inches from my body but lost about 4 pounds. Results are not only measured by weight.

Angela :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Matwood74, you are on the right track. A healthy way to lose is to lose 1-2 pounds a week. I try to get people to track their body fat percentage/pounds of fat and inches, instead of their scale weight, but some people want to focus on scale weight. Scale weight loss and fat loss isn't the same thing. I will not go there.

Anyway, how much water are you drinking? Water plays an important part of losing.

Again, you are on the right track. Don't expect to lose weight like you see people on TV do. Those high numbers aren't realistic.
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Losing 4 lbs in 4 weeks is actually a healthy weight loss - but considering how hard you're working, it's also possible you are not eating enough calories. Your diary is private, so when you say you're "under your calories", it's possible that you are just not giving your body enough fuel. I am experimenting with this myself by eating over my calories a couple days a week. I'm trying this based on the success others have reported doing this. Just search on zig zagging your calories and you'll find tons of threads on the subjet. Good luck on your journey!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is a healthy amount of weight loss. Any large amount that is not an initial weight loss when you first begin a weight loss regimen is unhealthy and gives you a large risk for gaining it back. (because it's it usually water weight that kick starts your first scale decrease)

Stop beating on yourself! You are doing great. I always say better down a few pounds then you have gained! I started out with logging my measurements and I keep track of this and if i have have and increase of a half inch or more then I know I am doing something wrong. Do not rely on the scale so much. Try logging your...

Lower Abdomen
    Waist
    Arm
    Bust
    Thigh

(Choose a Thigh/Arm so that you stay consistent)

P.S. You may want to increase your calorie count in the future when you hit a plateau but try when you have not lost any weight for 3 weeks or more at a time. : )
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you!!!! I always have around 800 calories left at the end of the day. Maybe
    I need to eat more?? I'm afraid to though...... I don't want to gain. I never eat 1200 net.... I exercise alot so
    I always have extra calories....... Could this be the problem?? :embarassed:
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    That could definitely be a problem...your body could be in starvation mode and will actually start storing fat vs shedding it. Your body actually needs 1200 calories to function properly....but 4 lbs in 4 weeks is actually a really healthy rate...if you lose too much weight too fast, you're less likely to keep it off in the long run. Good luck!!
  • matwood74
    Options
    Thanks...... I'll try to eat more this week, even though it scares me!!!! :grumble:
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your food journal it's hard to say, but, when I eat more protein and less carbs (especially the obvious ones like cake) I lose weight faster. I have also recently become a fan of eating protein first thing in the morning to get my body ready for the day.
    Other than that 4 pounds IS progress and if you have not already- bust out the measuring tapes, and start recording those numbers. How else will you know you lost X inches off you right arm?
  • matwood74
    Options
    I know I lost inches this past month, I did check that out!! I'm happy about the loss of inches, that's for sure!!!
    I just want the pounds to keep coming off too...... It's just such a struggle!!! :ohwell: