Young and young at heart professionals need apply!

Options
Nettabee
Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
I'm not new, but I have lost many "pals" along the way. :'( So i'm looking for (but not limiting to) other young professionals. I also have over 100lbs to lose so I'm hoping to find friends that will be here for the long hall!

I'll be 29 this year and while I will LOVE losing weight for all the glooooorious health benefits, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to look and feel AMAZING for my 30th birthday party I know my mother is planning for me next year lol. So for the next year and change look forward to taking my time and celebrating the little achievements while keeping the big goal at the end of the tunnel!

Replies

• jensummers02
    jensummers02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Nettabee! I'm not new, either, but have lost all the "pals" I started with and am starting to get lonely. I have about 50 lbs left to go, so I'll definitely be here for a long while! I just started a new job (I'm a nurse and moved from the clinic setting to teaching in a university) and stress-ate my way through the first 3 weeks. But now that I've established a routine, I'm ready and motivated to hop back on the wagon :) Happy almost birthday!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this :]
    Stay positive, strong and determined and you will go very far! Wishing you the best of luck!
  • Nettabee
    Options
    Hi, Nettabee! I'm not new, either, but have lost all the "pals" I started with and am starting to get lonely. I have about 50 lbs left to go, so I'll definitely be here for a long while! I just started a new job (I'm a nurse and moved from the clinic setting to teaching in a university) and stress-ate my way through the first 3 weeks. But now that I've established a routine, I'm ready and motivated to hop back on the wagon :) Happy almost birthday!

Congrats on the new job! And the motivation is definitely a first step!
    Thanks heehee...its in December >:)
  • CharlieMac2014
    CharlieMac2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm a new starter the app and want to lose about a stone , but I've just done my degree in sport science so if you ever want any nutrition or strength and conditioning advice just ask !
  • mandarkio
    mandarkio Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hi! i've been here 4 days now so still looking for pals! i'm 28, so the big 3-0 is looming for me, too. i have 84lbs to lose and i want to look better at 30 than i did at 20! shall we make a 'by 30' pact? ;)
  • Nettabee
    Options
    mandarkio wrote: »
    hi! i've been here 4 days now so still looking for pals! i'm 28, so the big 3-0 is looming for me, too. i have 84lbs to lose and i want to look better at 30 than i did at 20! shall we make a 'by 30' pact? ;)

I LOVE that idea! Lets do it!
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I think I qualify. 30, work at a software company, recently hit 1 year of maintenance. Feel free to add me.
  • xBijinx
    xBijinx Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 32 and in it for the long haul (100 to lose) and I am recently committed to beating my emotional eating addiction. My stressful job can be a motivator and a deterrent so I enjoy the support of the MFP community to get me through those rough times
  • Nettabee
    Options
    xBijinx wrote: »
    Feel free to add me. I'm 32 and in it for the long haul (100 to lose) and I am recently committed to beating my emotional eating addiction. My stressful job can be a motivator and a deterrent so I enjoy the support of the MFP community to get me through those rough times

My job stresses me out daily and it has been a huge struggle not eating myself into oblivion trying to deal! I'm looking to transfer but in the meantime I'm learning how to channel that frustration into motivation to take control over what I can! We can do this! :)