Can you resist your temptations?

Options
Chocolate, cookies, cake, ice cream, steak, loaded baked potatoes and probably the worst of all: Food that's still availible.
I know exactly when to stop eating but I can't stop eating.
How is everyone else doing resisting?

Replies

• anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I am horrible at it. It is now finally getting a little better after 3 months of being on here. I have walked away from foods and said no, but it is still a big work in progress. I have my days where I just give in (like today..)Good Luck
  • 87beckyRN
    87beckyRN Posts: 34
    Options
    I am tempted IF the stuff is in my house. I buy alternatives. Sugar or fat free chocolate pudding (80cal), sugar free popcicles (15 cal), yogurt. I think it makes it easier if I don't have the other stuff to tempt me.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Me? Terrible!!! I mean, I have managed to lay off of most things but if it were here I'd eat it. I cant stop eating as a matter of fact. Its all I think about and I cant wait to eat again. I need to get past that somehow. I was doing really well, but recently all I want to do is eat. Its been this way for close to a month now. UGH!!!! I hope this passes!!!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I'm so good at it.
    You don't even understand.
    I can say no to stuff I never thought I could live without.
    I'm a master. [:
  • PattyCake123
    PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I still have a hard time with my will power, so I do not keep anything tempting in my apartment. If I want the sweets and junk food, I have to go to the store to buy it and I know it's just not worth the time. I also drink protein smoothies after workouts or for breakfast, which really help satisfy any sweet tooth I have!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I usually can. I never had willpower before so it is kinda cool. But I still have times whe I don't resist and I do not feel bad about it for a second!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Double post, so I'll add this. I only regret it when I eat impulsively. Then I feel like I'm not in control, if I want it, have the calories and decide to go for it I'm totally ok.

When I think I should NOT eat something but still do then I feel blah.
  • shorhota
    shorhota Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to resist temptation, so I give myself "rewards" that I have to earn. I get a bit of dark chocolate, which has monounsaturated fatty acid so it is good in moderation, every now and again, for resisting going to McD's with the girls at work, or for a great workout, etc. (dark chocolate also helps me feel full). If I have a really good workout, I may even have a bit of gelato, which is lighter in fat and calories than ice cream is. If I choose a "lesser evil" I can cheat a little without having to beat myself up over it/
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I had zero willpower until I joined MFP, I so want to be a success
    and post awesome before and after shots!
    I plan and pack all my meals breakfas,t lunch, snacks, I try and find
    different ways to eat favorites, if i find im almost out of calories I will
    go for a walk, play a game of horse shoes with hubby or turn on the wii
    for 1/2 hr it seems the more active i become the easier it is to avoid the
    things that got me here in the first place.
  • pokeeemonica
    Options
    Well, thank you for all the responses, Good luck to all of you! Good to know I'm not alone, but it's also good to have some inspiration in all of you!
  • Jewels_Ka
    Jewels_Ka Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Here is what I found working for me. If you are a tea lover like me, then brew a cup of mint or green tea (or whatever you like) and add a lemon. Once i finish my tea I eat the lemon with the skin. The lemon skin has oils and when they explode in your mouth when you chew on the skin it leaves this fresh tingling feeling. It really helps with cravings (for me).
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at it now, mainly because I'll set aside a day if I have a certain craving and account it into my daily calories/carbs/sugar. I used to be absolutely crazy about pasta and pizza and now I rarely have a taste for them. It takes awhile, but you'll get there. :-)