Cayenne Pepper?

Options
So I did a "Master Cleanser" yesterday, which is a drink with hot water, lemon, a natural sweetener (maple syrup or honey), and cayenne pepper. I didn't go too overboard on the pepper, but even with the amount I had, I felt good.

Has anyone been doing Master Cleansers or using cayenne pepper in their cooking to aid their weight loss - any favourable results, or is it a bit of a myth?

This coupled, of course, with healthy eating and exercise.

Replies

• sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    are you going to continue doing the master cleanse?? i've heard mixed reviews about it. i'd love to find out what people say about cayenne.

i've heard spicy foods burn more calories, but i wonder if there's any science to that!
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I saw on Dr. Oz that using cayenne pepper helps burn calories but Idk how true that is... I still use it in my foods anyways :D Not sure if its had anything to do with my weight loss but oh well taste good anyways :laugh:
  • Jayni40
    Jayni40 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thats what Ive heard as well Cayenne is a thermogenic it helps aid in fat burning. I love spicy food I put cayenne on Everything even oatmeal and sweet potatoes!!
  • Kiwi_09
    Kiwi_09 Posts: 65
    Options
    I take a cayenne pill daily. If you take it you should take it after you eat a decent sized meal. I'm not sure how much it's helped since I take other pills and have been dieting and exercising but I've been losing the expected 1 lb a week I'm targeted to lose.
    It's supposed to be good for blood flow and metabolism so, I figure it doesn't hurt to take it.