Fatty Liver & Pancreas diet/lifestyle help

Options
I just recently got diagnosed with fatty liver and pancreas. I need help & advice to turn things around. I'm only 33 yrs old, 50 lbs overweight & a very tired mother/Wife. Does anyone else have this?
Advice please:)

Thx.
-Katie

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Please ask your doctor for this very important medical advice!
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Certainly follow your doctor's advise and I'm sure it includes dietary recommendations as well. Follow it till you start to get healthier. See if you can use MFP to help. Show the ap to your doctor. See what they say.
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Just got diagnosed myself. I feel ashamed like I'm a fat drunk
  • msapril87
    msapril87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My mother in law got diagnosed with this. She has to cut out all starchy items. Ie. Potatoes corn bananas. She has lost about 10lbs this month.
  • mystics01
    mystics01 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have been diagnosed with a fatty liver and also have about 25kgs to lose. I think the first step is accepting what it us then start slowly creating a plan to create a healthier you.

I am doing my best to follow my doctors advice at the moment my focus is uping my greens and reducing my bad fats.

Good luck and go well
  • MichPainter
    MichPainter Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I got my test results back yesterday that I have fatty liver infiltration. So I got on The Google and researched for hours! I'm almost 50 (ACK!) and I exercise regularly, eat mostly healthy, although I do get discouraged and pig out sometimes on really bad stuff, and I spent a lot of my 20s partying and my 30s social drinking and my early/mid 40s sippin vino with my best friend. I wasn't a drunk by any means, but I would drink most nights for a couple years there. Anyway...with all my counting calories and working out hard 4-5 days a week, I've been discouraged because everyone who I train with keeps dropping pounds, while I just keep the weight on, particularly around the middle. So getting this result has been bitter sweet. As much as it scares the hell out of me, I think it is the turning point for me because now I can try to formulate a plan. I'm looking at the Leptin Diet and sort of going that route. I've still got to meet with my Doc to see what she says, but I've found that they are usually not all that helpful in formulating a plan of action, so we shall see what comes of that. I'm hesitant to try a liver detox, but I am starting to have a cup of warm water with half a lemon squeezed into it each morning (okay, I just started that today - haha), and also I read that unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (1 Tbsp. diluted with some water) should be sipped with each meal. I actually LOVE the taste of it, so that shouldn't be too hard to incorporate into my lifestyle.
    There is plenty of info on what supplements to take (already ordered many of them), and as I said, the news is bitter sweet because as scary as it is knowing my liver isn't doing great, it is sort of nice to know that there is a reason I'm not dropping the weight, and that maybe I can actually fix it. Check out the webpage http://www.wellnessresources.com/weight/articles/unclog_your_liver_lose_your_abdominal_fat_leptin_diet_weight_loss_challenge/ --- that's the one I'm getting most of my information from. Also http://fattyliverdietguide.org/fatty-liver-disease-1/ --- Although they both of course have books and supplements they are trying to sell, there is a TON of information, especially in the first link, so you don't necessarily have to purchase the book - however I found the book used on Amazon for under $7 w/shipping. I'd love to hear other's strategies - going to go see if there is a support group out there now. If you know of one, please share the info!