Introduction to My Fitness Pal App

Options
New to My Fitness Pal App... Looking for inspiration , motivation and accountability. And of course ideas to cut calories! WHERE DOES YOUR MOTIVATION COME FROM! Please add me!!

Replies

• kevinanderson520562
    Options
    A lot of my calorie cuts were about finding ways to end cravings by using something with less calories. Frozen Yogurt instead of ice cream. Sugar free jello instead of whatever. I found that cherry season was really easy because I could eat cherries instead of anything sweet and be just fine.

If you like salads look at what you are putting into them. A lot of tasty salads are as many calories as a burger if you load it down with ranch, bacon, cheese, croutons etc. I found out I really like Fat free Italian at 15 calories for 2tbsp.

I am not watching my sodium so I eat a lot of soup too. 300 calories or less for a full 2 cups of most soups.
  • bluberry4400
    bluberry4400 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, just started on here, looking for some friends in the app to keep me inspired !
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hi Callie. Welcome to MFP. Best way to cut calories = use a food scale. Best purchase I have every made for myself. Good luck!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    My motivation comes from me. I want to reach my goal bad enough that I don't need to seek other avenues for motivation - I guess that's how I dropped my 30lbs without too much of a problem. Of course, if motivation is lacking for you, I can't recommend this site more. There are so many amazing and helpful people here that are willing to give some fantastic advice and support. Don't be afraid to reach out, we are all in this together :]
  • VanCity3215
    VanCity3215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Get creative in the kitchen! Make protein bars, salads, things that fill you up! :)
  • gymth0ttie
    gymth0ttie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    For me it's all about proportions, like my eyes are bigger than my stomach lol. So I use measuring cups to ration out my snacks and such