This is my story, chapter 1

Options
hanz8366
hanz8366 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
A lot of the posts I've seen have been mums trying to loose baby weight or people who are BIG into fitness...I'm neither!
I'm 31 y.o. from UK who quit smoking 3 yr ago & put on 2 stone..... OK ... 2.5st! This has been helped by moving from a fairly active job to an office chair! My live in boyfriend eats like a 5 year old that Jamie Oliver would hate (frozen flavoured chicken breasts and potato waffles) so I struggle to make myself healthy meals and hate eating the same thing for 3 days!
I don't have a lot of time as I have 2 horses I have to sort daily and by the time I get home and showered I'm goosed!
So.... that's me. Who are you?
I'd love to have some like minded friends on here and we can help each other out with tips, chat and motivation. Hopefully speak to you soon
H (",)

Replies

• CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Well done on quitting smoking! There are quite a few people who don't exercise for various reasons, and the great thing is that it's not needed for weight loss (although it is healthier if you can).

Best of luck :-)
  • hanz8366
    hanz8366 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I do some exercise (have 2 horses to look after) and do the odd class just find time is tight and my asthma makes me kinda down about it.
    Thanks! (",)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :]!
    No one can blame you for gaining weight after stopping smoking. You've given up an incredibly addictive habit so congratulations, you clearly have brilliant willpower which will definitely help you on your weight loss journey! My partner eats food that I wouldn't be able to look at without gaining weight (hehe!) so we generally eat our own meals (he eats his type of food and I eat mine) but eat together! I'd try preparing food just for yourself, it's time to get a little bit selfish :)! You can do this, I have every faith in you!