Hi. Been using myfitnesspal for a couple of months now but n

midnightmoonbeam
midnightmoonbeam Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi.
Anyway, as my title says, I joined up with myfitnesspal a couple of months ago after a friend suggested it. In January it hit me that my 40th is fast approaching and I did not want to be fat, unfit and forty! I hit a mid-life crisis. I quit smoking and joined a jazzercise class twice a week. It was tough at first but I kept at it and it gets easier every week. Then in March I decided it was time to lose the excess weight too so I signed up to the Cambridge Weight Plan. To date I have lost 17lbs in 11 weeks ! Am now back in the healthy BMI range! :) I can't fit into my wedding dress just yet but I was super skinny back then :) I have also started a 3rd fitness class - Zumba! Love it! :drinker:

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    I'm in the same boat! Not wanting to turn 40 and be fat and unfit!!!! I'm already back to my wedding weight (I wasn't super skinny then) and am working on getting off the college weight! Seeing as how college was 20 years ago... really need it to be gone for good!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Doesn't it feel great? ;) Less weight also means smaller chance of heart problems, bone problems, cancer, and other 'old person' problems. Love it! BJB--58yo.
  • Funny! I turn 40 this month and would love to be the weight I was in my late 20's. I have lost 20 pounds and have 17to go. The first 20 were pretty easy but the last 17 are turning out to be hard. Going to have to work out a little harder. I love my treadmill and treadclimber no time to go to a gym. I usually end up working out at 10 at night. Good luck to all of those of us turning 40!! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.