Getting back to me

Options
s5murray
s5murray Posts: 2 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there. I'm starting a new chapter in my life (finished grad school and got a new job) and want to get back to a healthier weight and BMI. I was depressed for a number of months last year and that really negatively impacted my eating habits. So my goal is to reduce my weight by about 30% by my 30th birthday, which is this time next year. I've used myfitnesspal before with good results but am new to the community part of it. So if anyone needs encouragement feel free to message me!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :]
    Welcome back to MFP. I'm sorry to hear you had a tough ride last year but it's fantastic to see you making steps to a healthier, happier you. You look wonderful in your display picture so make sure you tell yourself regularly! You have set yourself a realistic goal and there is absolutely no reason why you can't succeed. Don't be afraid to reach out to the community here - I've found it has really helped me remain positive and on track. Best of luck!
  • blondie1594
    blondie1594 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! I'm with you on how badly depression can affect eating habits and therefore weight...and reversing the trend is NOT easy. But it can be done ~ I started really buckling down 4 months ago and I've lost 12 lbs. My diary is public so that I'm accountable, and I'm always looking for feedback. I'd love to have you add me as a friend!!!
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    HI welcome to MFP!