Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Steak
  • melodicraven
    melodicraven Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Beef and broccoli stir fry. Pulled pork with brussel sprouts. Grilled chicken breast on a spinach salad. Hamburger patties with sauteed onions and mushrooms. A beautiful piece of fish cooked with a little butter and lemon and some asparagus on the side.

There's a lot of variety out there. Just pick a protein you find tasty and then pair it with a low carb veggie. Ignore carb heavy items like pasta or rice and instead double up on the veggies to make a full plate.

What kind of foods do you like? :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like one pot meals so things like soup, chili, stew, stuffed vegetables (peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, squash), stir fry, or salads are my favorite.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Meat (this includes fish and shellfish) + non-starchy vegetables.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pork chops or chicken thighs with roasted broccoli or yellow squash.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I eat basically the same as most people, I just dropped the starches, flours and sugars. If I makes spaghetti for dinner, I'll make a meat sauce, use no sugar in the sauce, and makes noodles and spaghetti squash. The kids eat noodles with a side of squash, and I just eat lots of sauce on the squash. A steak dinner is steak with veggies, skip the potato. A stir fry is meat and veggies but not on rice, and with a homemade marinade to avoid the sugar.

I find tweaking a meal is the simplest way to go.