The New Keto Kids on the Block

Options
RoadKingRufus
RoadKingRufus Posts: 4 Member
edited September 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi guys! ;)
My name is Ben. I'm from BG KY home of the Hilltoppers and Corvettes. I've been Keto dieting for about five weeks now and now feel "Keto-adapted" Its like I'm on a constant 5hour energy without even drinking it. I've conquered my binge eating with the exception of Bacon! Lol. I don't have any carb cravings and now I wake up with a blood sugar of <100 without being on my diabetic meds. Woohoo!

[Edited by MyFitnessPal Moderator]

Anyways back to the point....

I'm tired of the only seeing my posts on the news feed! I want more friends more support and more posts. Go ahead and add me. Who knows I might ninja add you before you add me! Lol

Sincerely
Ben

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You sound like you're loving your plan - good for you! :]
    Wishing you the best of luck going forward!
  • RoadKingRufus
    Options
    Thank you ;). Oh yes! It feels so good to have accomplished something--conquering binge eating on carbs. It gives you that feeling when you put another done-check on the to-do list. I think I've found something that really works for me, going to keep at it ;)
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BG KY! Love it! I'm from about 2 minutes outside Louisville in Indiana! Well I don't know what this Keto thing is that I see popping up but good luck on your journey and I hope you do great
  • goelvira
    goelvira Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Ben,

I'm Elvira and pretty much still learning about the keto lifestyle. I recently ordered a book about it and also a cookbook to help with the transitioning. Once I get those I will begin everything keto!! I'm definitely going to need all the help I can get! Gonna add you and once i get started, we can keep each other on track!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    :p Guess I am one of the lucky ones that got ninja added before I added Ben :p ....Congrats on conquering your binge eating ...can't blame ya on the bacon though ...I could eat a pound of it in the past ..now I rarely have it because I know it is something I can't control myself when its around
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Been on keto for two years now. You can add me!
  • mom4tav
    mom4tav Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've made it thru my first 30 days of living and logging in Keto.. Lost 14 lbs this month! Love that the cravings for sweets are pretty much gone and that I don't ever really feel hungry. That alone is very motivating!
  • sevenofnine01
    sevenofnine01 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your sugars! I do low-ish carb/keto as well, please add away! I'd love more friends on here!
  • Seabay135
    Seabay135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP (today) and also to Keto-1 week in. Got MFP Macros set up and Breakfast Posted. Love the Program (Both MFP and Keto). So for those who are well adapted and have been on this plan for awhile now I have a question. Do you ever get hungry? Since I'm now in Ketosis, I am just not hungry. Way past lunch and I am full up still from breakfast. I have Fifty Pounds to lose and set myself a daily Calorie Count of 1200/day but I doubt I can eat that much. Any Suggestions, or if one meal a day fills you at 750-800 calories with all Macros in balance, is it ok if I don't have lunch or dinner? Would love some help here. Thanks!
  • amy0975
    amy0975 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of keto. I am staying around 20-30 net carbs a day per doctors orders. I have lost 4 pounds in 3 days. How do you know you are in Ketosis? I am new and learning, so any advice would be helpful. I need to lose 70 pounds. Also, please add me if you are doing the same diet. We can be support friends.
  • robinpurcell1
    robinpurcell1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! I've been on MFP awhile, but just started this particular way of eating. Day 2 of the LCHF/Keto thing. Going well so far. It's actually kind of a treat for me. I've been eating lowfat stuff for so long...I get to have heavy cream, bacon & butter!!! What?!?? Loving it. I wasn't hungry at lunch but ate a salad anyway.

Same question...how do you know you're in Ketosis?
    Also, I keep seeing "Fat Bombs" in my research. Any insight there? Are they necessary?
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs in 30 days on this diet and then another 10 to 15 over the next 6 weeks. I have plateaued I know because I relaxed and cheated a couple time.

Ketosis takes aprox 10 to 14 days even though you will feel a change before. I recommend Gary Taubes, " Why we get fat and what you can do about it"
  • IdaMarie78
    IdaMarie78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am grocery shopping this weekend and plan to start keto Monday. I will definitely add you. I am type 2 and can't wait to have blood glucose under 100
  • robinpurcell1
    robinpurcell1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    anna_lisa wrote: »
    I lost 30 lbs in 30 days on this diet and then another 10 to 15 over the next 6 weeks. I have plateaued I know because I relaxed and cheated a couple time.

Ketosis takes aprox 10 to 14 days even though you will feel a change before. I recommend Gary Taubes, " Why we get fat and what you can do about it"

Thanks for the info!!
  • RoadKingRufus
    Options
    Seabay135 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm new to MFP (today) and also to Keto-1 week in. Got MFP Macros set up and Breakfast Posted. Love the Program (Both MFP and Keto). So for those who are well adapted and have been on this plan for awhile now I have a question. Do you ever get hungry? Since I'm now in Ketosis, I am just not hungry. Way past lunch and I am full up still from breakfast. I have Fifty Pounds to lose and set myself a daily Calorie Count of 1200/day but I doubt I can eat that much. Any Suggestions, or if one meal a day fills you at 750-800 calories with all Macros in balance, is it ok if I don't have lunch or dinner? Would love some help here. Thanks!
    Yes I do get hungry(about 5hrs after a meal) but it's more tolerable than a carb-addicted hunger--I don't become one those divas you see in the Snicker's commercials. I'm no expert but I have been reading from various sources suggesting that it's better to eat several small meals throughout the day--roughly every 3-4hr. They say it speeds up the metabolism.

I've also have read that it's better to eat your calories for the day within a 10-12hr block of the 24hr period--fasting the other 12-14hrs. So I try to eat 4-5 meals within a 12hr period(4am-4pm). So if I were on a 1200calorie/day I would break it up into four 300cal meals.

Make sure you eat an adequate amount of protein for the day. I've read if you eat too much it will throw your body out of ketosis and if you eat too little your body will take protein from your current muscles.

Also being influenced by Jon Gabriel. I try to eat something "live" with every meal for my carb source, hence the raw green leafy kale salads in my food journal. I'm trying to be more consistent with meditation, not quite there yet.

From watching lots of documentaries on FMTV and Netflix. I go organic as much as possible to try to reduce toxins entering my body. I still wash my vegetables even if they are organic--never know who has been touching them. I buy about every 3 to 4 days and prep my meals 2-3 days in advance for a quick grab out of the fridge.

I hope this helps ;)

Sincerely
    RoadKingRufus(Ben)

• shandraelong
    shandraelong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite family vacations was to Bowling Green, the factory tour was so cool!

I'm on day two of keto. I want to lose some body fat before I go to Air Force Basic Training in December. With some personal factors, I have gained a few unwanted pounds and looking to shed those too.