I'm craving sugar and it driving me crazy.

Options
What's a good distraction for the sugar crave.

Replies

• MarcyBeach2015
    MarcyBeach2015 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It's day 20 and I want to lick the sugar jar.
  • Deadlifter87
    Deadlifter87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Eat some sugar then. Simple as that. If you force yourself to resist cravings you will go insane just eat something sweet keep it within your calories and macros and be done with the craving
  • ElkeKNJ
    ElkeKNJ Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Have a lollie pop. Between 50 and 100 kcals and it will last you more than 5 seconds!
  • rjsandoval71
    rjsandoval71 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Suga free jello
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar?
  • Rosebud2411
    Rosebud2411 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have some honey on cut up banana :)
  • Sarahgrace0228
    Sarahgrace0228 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Stevia maybe. Its pretty much from a plant.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Maybe just eat a bit of sugar and log it?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Stevia maybe. Its pretty much from a plant.

...and so is sugar. Sugar cane. ;)
  • MarcyBeach2015
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Is there a reason you're avoiding sugar?

I'm not avoiding it just trying to cut back. It's Sooooo deliciously tempting.
  • MarcyBeach2015
    Options
    Eat some sugar then. Simple as that. If you force yourself to resist cravings you will go insane just eat something sweet keep it within your calories and macros and be done with the craving

Thank you!
  • MarcyBeach2015
    Options
    Thank you all for your advise and support. This derby girl is reigning herself in for our tournament in Alaska this spring.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing well-coming here and posting about it is better than eating 2 (single serving) bags of cookies like i did yesterday! I didnt really even give it a second thought til after.
    Keep it up, and if you are really fiending, I like the idea of a lollypop-it will last much longer than those cookies lasted me, and for much fewer calories.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ElkeKNJ wrote: »
    Have a lollie pop. Between 50 and 100 kcals and it will last you more than 5 seconds!

Yep - I have a caramel Tootsie Pop for later this afternoon (it's a limited time Halloween flavor). Should take me awhile to eat.
  • porky2468
    porky2468 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Marcy! I'm a derby girl too. Who do you play for?

As for sugar, a banana is fab! Nice and sweet and gives you a boost of energy. I like some fruity yoghurt too. My fave treat is chocolate hobnobs, but I stop myself at two. It satisfies my cravings without making me feel bad.
  • MarcyBeach2015
    Options
    Hi Porky!
    I'm Marcy aka FlowerBomb and play for Happy Valley Derby Darlins' out of Utah. Where do you play? Thanks for the advise. Viva la derby.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Whenever I'm in the mood for something sweet, I'll have a container of Dannon Lite&Fit Greek yogurt (Banana Cream flavor, my favorite, but Key Lime flavor is also a good one for me)--the banana cream flavor makes me think I'm eating banana pudding! These Greek yogurts are sweet, a good source of protein and they don't have to many carbs (important for me since I'm an insulin-dependent diabetic).
  • MarcyBeach2015
    Options
    Thank you Barney. ... Tell Betty hello... : )
  • Travlvr
    Travlvr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow's Carmel Truffle Bar is a delicious ice cream option. I'm trying to lower my sugar/carbs, and the nutritionist I work with recommended it.
  • porky2468
    porky2468 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I play for Croydon Roller Derby in South London