I'm back!

Options
okay it's been A WHILE since I tried this. I know for a fact I do better if I have to log everything I eat. I seem to have a problem with exercise. I don't have anyone to exercise with without joining a fitness center which I can't afford. (My insurance doesn't participate in Silver Sneakers. (Bummer!) so what I'm saying is I'M GOING TO NEED A LOT OF PUSHING, I don't know why I'm so lax about exercise! I have the time now. I'm physically able. I'm not a lazy person as far as work is concerned, but evidently I am where exercise is concerned! HELP!!!

Replies

• Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do, exercise wise? Running is fairly inexpensive. Just need shoes and a road. Clothing may be appropriate as well depending on the laws in your local area. Yoga may be another option for you. YouTube has tons of free workout videos of every sort to help you get going.

I run. I hate it. Can't stand it, but I do it. Curse with every step. But I go out and do it, because as much as I don't like it, it helps with weight and stress and overall well being.
  • lynn004
    lynn004 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can walk, and have been trying to Get started on that. I don't want to walk for fear it won't be good for my aged knees. I did buy a yoga DVD the other day. Now if I would just open it!
  • lynn004
    Options
    (Don't want to run)
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Don't blame you about the running. Walking works great, and unless you are walking uphill/stairs it probably will be fine on knees. I've had 3 knee surgeries and run, play soccer, etc. Check with your doc if you're still worried about it though (they usually answer these questions via email without needing an appointment). Good luck!
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Welcome back=-)
  • robyn525
    robyn525 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I just started on My fitness pal again for the last days after using the Fitbit app for tracking food last year. My fitness pal has a better database for food. I am glad to be back.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :]

With exercise, find something you enjoy doing. Something that'll motivate you to leave the house - even if it's light walking. Do you enjoy dancing? - Maybe Zumba or something similar would be beneficial for you. I imagine the social aspect of those classes is a big plus too. Either way, there is support readily available here too. So stay strong and determined and you'll get there. Good luck!
  • Gavin_Campbell
    Gavin_Campbell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    When exercising I listen to a lot of podcasts and audiobooks. I am for things that I have to focus on and not just be background music. This helps me to keep my focus off the cardio and makes the time fly by fast. The gym is a good time to catch up on the latest news for me.
  • lynn004
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. I've started on a 30 day challenge I did several months ago. More strength training but for me at this point it's cardiovascular too! Lol