Turbo Fire Friends....HELP!

Options
OK....Turbo Fire friends....I have been having a constant ache and some burning in my right knee since I have started TF. It is more constant in the past week or so, whereas before it would come and go. I don't want to stop TF, and I am pretty good about pivotting my feet (on my toes) so I am not feeling it in my knee...but something is going on. I was thinking of getting a brace to wear during my workouts....thoughts?

The ache didn't start with just TF, but has definately made it worse and seems to "speed up" whatever is going on......it ached if I kept my kneww bent too long....ex...sleeping in the fetal position.

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    maybe try doing the low impact modifications. NOT lower intensity, but lower IMPACT so it's less harsh on your knees. Also, make sure your form is proper. Knees shouldn't be over the ankles on any position! It could be a case of improper form and posture. Ice your knees after a workout as well and make sure you have proper footwear.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Make sure you warm up your knees first. Bend your knees and put your hands on your knees, then do "knee circles". Feels a little wierd, but should help you stretch them out before doing the exercises. Also, what kind of surface are you exercising on? It may help to work out on a padded surface.
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    maybe try doing the low impact modifications. NOT lower intensity, but lower IMPACT so it's less harsh on your knees. Also, make sure your form is proper. Knees shouldn't be over the ankles on any position! It could be a case of improper form and posture. Ice your knees after a workout as well and make sure you have proper footwear.

I feel like I am pretty about where my knee is and making sure they don't go over my toes at all. Even if I am squatting at the start and watching my knee and it is not over my toes, all my weight is on my heels because I can lift my toes.....my knee hurts. :(

I am wondering if a brace that you can buy at a pharmacy would hold my knee in place????
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would also check with your doctor. It sounds like you had a previous minor problem that TF might have aggravated and the last thing you want is to do serious damage and be out of commission for 6-8 weeks. I know that I try to pivot, but sometimes I don't quite do it, and it kills my knees. I agree with MissAnjy though, for the time being maybe do the lower impact to take the stress off your knee.
  • littlecaponey2
    Options
    Make sure you warm up your knees first. Bend your knees and put your hands on your knees, then do "knee circles". Feels a little wierd, but should help you stretch them out before doing the exercises. Also, what kind of surface are you exercising on? It may help to work out on a padded surface.

Hardwood floors. If I do carpet, my feet don't pivot as well.....
  • littlecaponey2
    Options
    I would also check with your doctor. It sounds like you had a previous minor problem that TF might have aggravated and the last thing you want is to do serious damage and be out of commission for 6-8 weeks. I know that I try to pivot, but sometimes I don't quite do it, and it kills my knees. I agree with MissAnjy though, for the time being maybe do the lower impact to take the stress off your knee.

Definately think an Ortho visit is in my very near future.....because like you said, the ache was there before just not constant and no burning. I was just wondering if the brace would help until I get in there.....I definately don't want to be told I can't do anything for 6-8 weeks!!!! That will have to happen at the end of the summer when I am at my weight goal :)
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    i myself have bad knees, but i can do all the jumping movements on a rebounder (mini trampoline) without any problem.

i would suggest you to go see your doctor!