breakfast ideas

Options
lauradavis350
lauradavis350 Posts: 12 Member
I don't normally eat breakfast so could someone help me with healthy ideas to have please xz

Replies

• thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Eggs are my staple. They are full of protein and keep you full till lunch. You can cook them so many different ways which are quick and have them with almost anything they are great for breakfast.
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    Thanks hun ;)
  • catkeg297
    catkeg297 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to think outside box. Who says you can't have chicken or meat for breakfast
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love chicken salsa in eggs!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I either have eggs, bacon, and toast. Or, I have a peanut butter sandwich. Usually the sandwich.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Homemade egg muffin ( fried egg Canadian bacon and cheese)
    Hard boiled egg and toast
    Peanut butter in waffles
    Granola with yogurt
    Fruit with cottage cheese
    Hot cereal with fruit
    Cold cereal with fruit
    Omlets
    Scrambled eggs with veggies
    Sausage gravy and biscuits
    Muffins
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I don't normally eat breakfast so could someone help me with healthy ideas to have please xz

If you don't normally eat breakfast why are you wanting to start now?

As for an answer to your question -- I don't know about your situation but I get up early and don't usually have time to eat at home so IF I eat breakfast (which isn't often because I'm not a big breakfast eater either...) I usually just have a couple of hardboiled eggs.
  • tressie99
    tressie99 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been eating poached eggs and a couple pieces of turkey sausage. I've gotten burnt out though so I had scoured pinterest for good recipes. I found a PB&J overnight oats recipe that looks soo yummy! Check out http://www.peanutbutterandfitness.com/2014/02/peanut-butter-and-jelly-overnight-oats.html for the recipe!
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    Thank you everyone :)
  • NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I wake up at 4:15am and am out the door by 5:30am, I have no time to make breakfast, but I need to get something. I will either grab or make a protein shake, it takes about 2 minutes to throw together. Or, I will grab something I've made prior. I will make little egg quiches in mini muffin tins (tons of recipes on pinterest/interwebs), sauté veggies the night before, crack an egg into the container and heat it in the micro at work, or reheat a homemade (yet frozen) breakfast sammich when I get to work. Or, leftovers. I don't need the traditional breakfast to get me through, just something in mah tummy. ;)
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eggs with salsa or a Breakstone cottage cheese double (pineapple) which are only 100 calories. These are great for when I plan on having a big dinner. They also make great snacks.
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    My favorite & recent staple for breakfast:

Paleo Breakfast Casserole
    1lb Chorizo (spicy sausage)
    12 eggs
    1 Sweet Potato
    1 Yellow Onion
    1tsp garlic powder
    1tsp onion salt
    1tsp salt
    1tsp black pepper
    2 tbsp of hot sauce (I prefer Cholula)

Brown the chorizo, shred the sweet potato, dice the onion. Mix everything together. Pour into a casserole dish (be sure to use a non-stick spray on the dish). Bake for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Makes 9 servings based on how I cut it up - enough for breakfast all week and then some. I make over the weekend, put individual servings in containers and eat all week.
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    That sounds yummy think im going to try that thanks :)
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've been making mini frittatas. They keep in fridge for a week. Can warm in microwave or eat at room temp. I don't use meat but can add turkey, ham, sausage. Use more egg whites to inc protein. Lots of veggies. Spinach mushrooms onion. Whatever you like. My go to as I don't cook breakfast during week.
  • igsalem
    igsalem Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Paleo Breakfast Casserole does sound yummy!
  • casw0005
    casw0005 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My favorite new breakfast is roasted sweet potatoes, roasted red peppers, black beans, and a fried egg. It's like a hash. Cube the sweet potatoes into 1" cubes. Put some olive oil, paprika, and cumin on them and put them in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes. Then roast the red peppers. When the skin is blackened put them in a bowl and cover it with plastic wrap to steam off of the skin. You can make about 2-3 servings of this and keep it in the fridge. Then when you want to eat it, fry up an egg, heat up some black beans, and throw it all together. If you want to add a little healthy fat you can put some avocado on top too.

My other breakfast is a protein shake with Sunwarrior protein powder. I usually have it with Califa toasted coconut/almond milk, 1 tbsp. almond butter, 4 oz. blueberries, and 1 medjool date. The protein poweder I use is unsweetened, and the date helps with the flavor. Sometimes I'll add half a banana to give it a smoothie quality, and sometimes I'll throw in 2-3 oz. of spinach for greens.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I'm up early and have coffe , then around 9:30 am I have breakfast. I usually have oatmeal or I have toast peanut butter and a banana ? But I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Can anyone tell me if I am.
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    Okay thanks guys I tend to have a protein shake atm cause just started drinking tea so that bloats me up.im going to try some of these ideas on the weekend they sound yummy
  • lauradavis350
    Options
    Melissaol wrote: »
    I'm up early and have coffe , then around 9:30 am I have breakfast. I usually have oatmeal or I have toast peanut butter and a banana ? But I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Can anyone tell me if I am.

Ive noticed by looking at other people's diarys if your within your cals and macros your okay Hun