Geeky gamer girl looking for new friends to join this epic and perilous journey!

Options

Replies

• dogcatac
    dogcatac Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    People think I'm weird for having DDR in my home gym setup... it's right next to the power rack and inbetween the bench and treadmill. I'll represent the DDR (or Stepmania) love.

lol if you are serious you are my hero. i have to go to the mall to play ddr.
  • dogcatac
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @FitGeekery I think WoW is the only one I don't play, lol. Lets see: Final Fantasy 14, Star Wars Old Republic, Star Trek Online, EverQuest 2, DC Universe Online. Then of course, the free to plays: Rift, Defiance, Neverwinter. I usually get to max level, and then stop cause I'm not a fan of the grind after.

Currently playing(Other than listed MMO's):
    Mass Effect
    Dark Souls
    Borderlands 2
    Defense Grid 2
    Neverwinter Nights 2
    Dragonball Xenoverse
    Shadows of Mordor
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    Civilization 5(will be playing this forever, at this rate)
    Diablo 3

Waiting on:
    Fallout 4
    Rockband 4

i have never been able to get in to fallout. tried playing it a million times but always quit pretty quickly. same w/ dark souls, but that is a different story. whats your borderlands 2 character like? i was playing that super hard last spring, then went back and played through 1 and the presequel. 2 has gotta be my favorite. love diablo but it gets old fast imo *by fast i mean after 80-90 hours of grinding straight lol
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    dogcatac wrote: »
    People think I'm weird for having DDR in my home gym setup... it's right next to the power rack and inbetween the bench and treadmill. I'll represent the DDR (or Stepmania) love.

I am serious. I haven't invested in the metal pad, but that's just because space won't allow it. But I do have a firm foam pad connected to my PS2 and that's connected to my stereo and the tv mounted to the wall in my gym. So, yeah... cardioz for teh winz. (as long as it's DDR)

edited for grammar goblin intervention.
  • dogcatac
    Options
    hahah hell yeah. i had a few dance pads but they only lasted about a year. then my disk stopped working. :'( there is one mall in my city that has it but it is mall of america which is just a nightmare most of the time.
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    It's only the movie theaters around here that still have full cabinets... and then all the kids are all "what's that old guy doing making a fool of himself dancing to butterfly?"
  • dogcatac
    Options
    lol yep kids climbing all over the machine and im like get outta here you kids. get serious.
  • jjhintz
    jjhintz Posts: 17 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    If anyone plays CSGO shoot me a msg. Always looking for more people to play with
  • DaddieCat
    Options
    Anyway, geeky Supervillain in training here... feel free to add me.
  • outboundhat
    outboundhat Posts: 21 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    WoW, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Buffy, Zelda geek here! And art. And Marvel. And GoT... and more... Add me! :smiley:

Also halfway through season 1 of Zombies Run! Just discovered the base upgrade area and I am ADDICTED. Need...more...supplies...xD
  • qubetha
    qubetha Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Science and tech lover here. I love all forms of sci fi, I love using gaming as a distraction from eating, I love anime and dr who, I spent way too much time in university studying engineering and physics and now I am wasting time fiddling with arduino projects that don't serve mankind in any way lol.

All sci fi, science, gaming and tech nerds welcome to friend me!
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    @dogcatac @BecomingBane I've never played DDR but I'm not gonna lie, I'm not sure I'm coordinated enough for it XD

@BecomingBane Sending a request, can't have too many Supervillains-in-training LOL

@outboundhat Haha yeah that's an awesome part of the app, isn't it? Definitely adds to the investment when you run, gotta keep those people in your base taken care of!

@qubetha Sci-fi ftw! I've been starting to do the same with gaming, and it's one of the funnest distractions from food that I have ;) Adding you!
  • Frozenmango
    Frozenmango Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm a geeky gamer girl who's managed to stumble and fumble on this journey more times than I can count, but still grinding it out and refusing to give up ;)

About me:

Height 5'4", CW 205lbs, GW 120-130lbs, planning to cook again (I'm a durned good cook and it's easier to make things healthy that way. Also... I'm a hobbit LOL), start the C25K program and if that doesn't kill me I'll pick up some Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred as well.

I've got a wide and eclectic taste in all things geeky: from zombie/post-apocalypse anything (Walking Dead show, Mad Max movies, Resident Evil, Fallout) to fantasy (Game of Thrones, Skyrim, Zelda, Final Fantasy) to sci-fi (Firefly! Mass Effect, Dune series) to comics (BATMAN! Justice League, X-Men).

If it's remotely nerdy or geeky I'm probably into it or want to be LOL

Hoping to find some more MFP-active friends for mutual geekiness, support and inspiration (You guys have been my biggest heroes so far!). You can never have too much in my opinion and goodness knows some days it takes an army to pick yourself up again hehe

So feel free to add me and good luck on this epic journey!

You're amongst friends here :) Also a geek girl, I'm into all the things you've listed and cosplay, just got back from Dragoncon a couple weekends ago and still hungry for more! Not quite a hobbit, maybe an Elf (I'm 5'10) Please add me! Love to have fellow geeks to encourage and get encouraged from :heart:
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @Frozenmango I always wanted to be an Elf XD Adding you, always nice to have more geeks around :smiley:
  • Sectionut
    Sectionut Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just spent the last 15 minutes reading this ongoing awesomeness. :smiley: Tech geek, gamer, nerd, dork, runner, goofball, whatever else sounds fun! I'm active on MFP daily and you all sound awesome.
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @Sectionut Haha, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Surprised at the response on this thread and really glad that so many geeky and chill people have replied :smiley: Sending an add your way, wicked to see the geek love is so strong haha
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    dogcatac wrote: »

I am serious. I haven't invested in the metal pad, but that's just because space won't allow it. But I do have a firm foam pad connected to my PS2 and that's connected to my stereo and the tv mounted to the wall in my gym. So, yeah... cardioz for teh winz. (as long as it's DDR)

edited for grammar goblin intervention.
    I want the metal DDR pad; it looks so epic.
  • Dustinado
    Dustinado Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi old time science nerd. Still use snail mail. Add me if you wish.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

Currently playing(Other than listed MMO's):
    Mass Effect - hell yes!
    Neverwinter Nights 2 - full of awesome
    Shadows of Mordor - was rather meh for me
    Dragon Age: Inquisition - *kitten* you Bioware for yet another tragic romance!!!! (seriously, great game, but yeah!)
    Diablo 3 - Finished the game and occasionally pull it up, but it's more random than anything else

Waiting on:
    Fallout 4 - preordering next paycheck!!

• FitGeekery
    Options
    @Dustinado Science nerdery ftw! Adding :)
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I are looking into joining a community D&D group at our local game store. We're kind of nervous, though, as we've only played with friends before. Anyone have any experience with this? How did it go?