Breastfeeding and needing help to lose weight!

Hi all. This is my second time on My Fitness Pal. First time was to lose weight for my wedding and it was a huge success thanks to the app and Diet Chef meals. I'm back to lose some weight I gained after giving birth to my baby boy but finding it hard. I can't afford the Diet Chef meals so want to try it myself with cooking (my poor husband!) lol! I'm looking for any help and advice and easy recipes if any of you would be willing to share. It would be nice to meet others in the same situation as well.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Welcome back :]
    The good news is, you don't need Diet Chef to lose weight. Diet Chef and all the other programmes out there use one technique - a calorie deficit. You are best saving your money for yummy food! You can do this! The recipe section will have lots of advice and tips for you if you are looking for some good ideas! Best of luck.
  • Pinx1984
    Pinx1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks chick! I didn't realise there was a recipe section. I'll have a look!
  • GonzoDeluxe
    GonzoDeluxe Posts: 2 Member
    It has been a minute (my son is now 12) but I remember feeling like the pregnancy weight was stuck to me when I was breastfeeding. Be patient, some or all of it is baby food and if you cut back too much it could interfere with milk production. Focus on healthy for both you and the baby. Congrats and good luck!
  • Pinx1984
    Pinx1984 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks Gonzo. That is definitely something that's been on my mind...