24hr advocare challenge

Options
Anyone have any luck with the 24hr advocare challenge? I am debating on doing it or not...

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Multi level marketing - waste of money. What do you do after the 24hrs?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    It's a scam. Don't do it
  • myheartsabattleground
    Options
    No.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    NO
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Nope... that is an awful lot of pills to put into my body when I have lost more weight by just measuring my food.

It is just a multi level marketing scam for people to make money off of people who are desperate.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Why not use MFP as intended, it's free.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    24 hours or 24 days? I cant see what could be accomplished in 24 hours :huh:

Either way, Advocare is just another MLM scam. My advice save your money and simply count your calories to lose weight. You don't need expensive magical pills and potions to do this.
  • RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's 24 days. Calorie Deficit via protein powder/crash dieting. If you need structure, have the money, and feel you will stick to the challenge, I do not see the harm. But there is nothing magical about it.
  • Jakiracki
    Jakiracki Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    oops I meant day!! lol
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Why are you creating so many threads about the same topic?
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I don't think she believes us :(
  • Jakiracki
    Options
    Sorry I posted another because i wrote hr instead of Day. It wouldn't let me edit
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    It's 24 days. Calorie Deficit via protein powder/crash dieting. If you need structure, have the money, and feel you will stick to the challenge, I do not see the harm. But there is nothing magical about it.

Crash dieting can be very harmful, actually.
  • lyndahh75
    lyndahh75 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is doing this- seems more like a pyramid scam. You have to take their supplements and use their products like spark energy drink and some muscle building pills. I avoided it- she asked me to jump on a call with her care advisors. No thanks
  • Jakiracki
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am just going to keep doing what I have been doing.
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine wanted me to try this. I had already been doing MFP and had lost 17 pounds. When I did the challenge, I lost another 9 pounds. I continued using MFP during the challenge, and bottom line, it's all about creating a deficit. I do like the spark drink and the berry protein shake. But if I didn't get it at a discount from her I would just find a different shake. I have lost a total of 30.6 pounds! Overall my success is from using MFP.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Jakiracki wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! I am just going to keep doing what I have been doing.

Bravo!!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    The 24-day challenge starts with a cleanse. That's all I need to know about Advocare. It probably doesn't help as much as you think it does, if at all.

Of course, according to some people on MFP, A placebo effect is as good as something that actually helps, and therefore, is worth the money. Whatever helps you sleep at night...
  • queenliz99
    Options
    The 24-day challenge starts with a cleanse. That's all I need to know about Advocare. It probably doesn't help as much as you think it does, if at all.

Of course, according to some people on MFP, A placebo effect is as good as something that actually helps, and therefore, is worth the money. Whatever helps you sleep at night...

<3