Whole30?

Options
Hi,

Has anyone tried the Whole30 plan and lost weight with it? Also, can you share your experience going through the program?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I tried but it left me tired and cranky. Whole 30 is more of an elimination diet then for weight loss. I did not lose any weight. I have RA and I still have RA so Whole 30 did nothing for me.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I think the concept of incorporating plenty of nutrient-dense foods (especially fruits and vegetables) is a great concept.

I think the specifics of Whole30 are too restrictive and unnecessary to accomplish that goal.

And it has nothing to do with weight loss, which is merely just consuming less calories than you burn.
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I read the rules and seriously questioned my ability to follow them for 30 days. However I like the concept of no sugar and more fruit and veggies.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys! I read the rules and seriously questioned my ability to follow them for 30 days. However I like the concept of no sugar and more fruit and veggies.

I'd only question the concept of "no sugar".

Fruit has a lot of sugar.
    Sugar is also delicious. Eating delicious foods is good for my mental health (or...for those spiritually inclined, it's good for the soul.)

I can support an effort to moderate or limit your sugar intake in an overall effort to reduce calories. Quitting it altogether? Sorry I won't support that.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I did it for two weeks. It was good and I lost 6 lbs.
  • SteaknChez
    SteaknChez Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I did it in February. 30 days is not hard if you need to make changes for your health. I have not added much back since then and am down more than 50 lbs. Feel better than I have in decades.
  • Heamous
    Heamous Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    It depends on you whether it is hard or not. The more used to sweets and carbs you are the harder it will be. I did it for about 6 months and felt great......... Then I fell off the horse and it has been pretty hard to get back in it.
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I did it over a year ago (before they added the white potatoes :neutral:). I did well and felt good, sleeping amazingly. I lost almost 20 pounds over the month. However I hated feeling so restricted and not being able to go out to eat with friends easily.

I'm glad I did it though, I learned about lots of new vegetables and new cooking methods. However I will not be doing it again.