need help. is it my scale ?? or me gaining 10 pounds in a day ???

Options
starliacash30
starliacash30 Posts: 19 Member
edited September 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi I'm star . I've been dieting for 5 months . I lost 43 pounds so far . its getting harder and harder . I steped on the scale and it said 228 . and the next day it said 238. What is going on ????

Replies

• JeanBoll
    JeanBoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Get a new scale. But don't panic. Stay on course. And hope it was a glitch.
  • preeJAY
    preeJAY Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It is never you gaining 10 lbs in one day ;)

Probably water fluctuations,if you worked out hard the night before, or, apparently, if you ate a lot of carbs.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it has to be your scale sha. No way you can gain 10 lbs overnight.
  • starliacash30
    Options
    I don't eat a lot of carbs . I started a week ago with fish oil gel tabs and whey protein shakes . I replace breakfast and dinner . I eat lunch . chicken salad . and my workouts are 1 hour of tae bo , Jillian Michaels , hasfit , and 30 minutes strength training .on my free days I sorta eat what I want
  • starliacash30
    Options
    My scale is practically new . what about lots of salt ? Or digestion build up ?? Hahahahhahah orwhat ever you call it
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Don't rely on scales as an accurate measurement of your progress.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Are you due your TOTM? That is the only time I get a huge gain.
  • starliacash30
    Options
    No I am not
  • peggyasp
    peggyasp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Did you drink a LOT of water? I still don't think it would show that much of a gain, but it could if you weighed yourself early yesterday morning and then again later in the day today. Don't worry. It can't be a fat gain.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Have you checked the batteries?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing at the same time each day under the same conditions? You haven't moved the scale to a different place? Could be water weight (hormones, sodium, new exercise routine, etc). Could be constipation (since you mentioned "waste buildup"). Could be a faulty scale. Either check the batteries and calibration or wait and see what the next weigh ins bring.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    10 pounds seems like too much to just be normal weight fluctuations doesn't it?

Or is it like some perfect storm where 3-5 different things have happened at once.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    There's also clothes. I have occasionally stepped on the scale after getting into street clothes and shoes and without having eaten or drunk anything I'll be 2-3 pounds heavier. And on Saturdays when I sleep in (I weigh first thing when I get up, in my pajamas, every day) I usually weigh at least a pound, sometimes more, than the day before.